Wanted (Found) 1 wt or 2wt fly rod - 1wt rod found but still looking for an ultralight reel

fingerman

I'd like to explore some small streams. Looking for 1wt. or 2wt. rods and setup. Budget limit is $200 for rod and $300 for setup. Thanks in advance.

* I prefer a short rod, say around 6ft

* Still looking for an UL reel, for 1wt line and lightweight (under $100)

* Found the whole setup thanks for all the comments!

Last edited:

redband02

Howdy: I have a Fischer Graphite 9' rod for 2/3 weight I could let go for a $100 plus shipping

Last edited:

steelydan

Newb seeking wisdom
There are 2wt used lines on the Classifieds right now.
No relation to seller....
I bought an Echo 2wt rod for low $100s a couple of years ago.
I've fished it and like it OK but have no other 2wt experience to which I can compare.

Frenchie

I have an older loop green line 2 weight with a spare tip. Also have a couple reel options with 2 lines... if you have interest, shoot me a PM

Jon

Beartown Lodge

WFF Supporter
Howdy: I have a Fischer Graphite 9' rod for 2/3 weight I could let go for a $100 plus shipping

I also have an Orvis Superfine Series 71/2 ft 1 wt rod I would take $200 shipping CONUS included
If the original poster is not interested in the Superfine, I am. Please PM me. Thanks!

Peyton00

The CGR 6'2"" 2 wt is on sale often for $60.
For a rod targeting 4"-10" fish.....its a worthy stick.

Daz

Still finding an ultra light reel...
How light is ultra light to you, and how big (or small) of a reel do you want?

There are several reels good quality reels in the 3oz or less range, but not many in that price range. The Orvis Battenkill II (c/p) weighs only 2.9oz and is 3" in diameter, the slightly smaller Battenkill I is 2.8oz and 2-3/4" diameter. Both go for $119 + tax (when they're not backordered).

I've got a B II that's like new that I could do on your budget if you're interested.

Last edited:

fingerman

How light is ultra light to you, and how big (or small) of a reel do you want?

There are several reels good quality reels in the 3oz or less range, but not many in that price range. The Orvis Battenkill II (c/p) weighs only 2.9oz and is 3" in diameter, the slightly smaller Battenkill I is 2.8oz and 2-3/4" diameter. Both go for $119 + tax (when they're not backordered).

I've got a B II that's like new that I could do on your budget if you're interested.
Thanks for your message. It looks like that (Battenkill I ) would be suitable for my purpose

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts