FS WTB Rio Outbound

Reeltrout

I really dislike this fly line but it was perfect for non stop wind at Christmas Island. Very short sweet spot to load right. Maybe I just needed to become a better caster. Try the Orvis Bankshot. Very underated and off the radar for anglers, (made by SA) which Orvis also owns.

JonT

I really dislike this fly line but it was perfect for non stop wind at Christmas Island. Very short sweet spot to load right. Maybe I just needed to become a better caster. Try the Orvis Bankshot. Very underated and off the radar for anglers, (made by SA) which Orvis also owns.
What setup were you using? I am going to be using a Beulah beach rod and doing double hand overhead and skagit pokes mostly.

garyl

If you are using a two handed rod, I would suggest a taperd line, like an airflow rage. without the extra left ( or right hand) haul, you really need a tapered head. I've tried, the head heavy outbound shorts and SA trident lines work really well for single hand, but if it isn't tapered, you will be limited in casting distance.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts