Pending world record red ear

Gila trout

Check out this insane panfish from lake Havasuhttps://www.wired2fish.com/record-fish/pending-world-record-redear-sunfish-caught/

Gila trout

Check out this insane panfish from lake Havasuhttps://www.wired2fish.com/record-fish/pending-world-record-redear-sunfish-caught/
Sorry I am tech challenged. But if you go to this site it has pics of the fish. 17” long, weight 6.30 lbs. and a girth of 20”

triploidjunkie

That lake is full of huge panfish if you're so inclined. I couldn't stop fishing for stripers long enough to really go after them, though. I did catch a couple of chunky ones incidentally.

triploidjunkie

Wait! There's stripers in Havasu?
Big ones, and lot's of them. My biggest was only around 8lbs while I was there, but missed a couple that looked bigger. There was a pic on the wall at the marina of a 65lber (supposedly). Lots of pics of 30lb plus stripers from there. I was in my mid twenties, and much more into partying back then. We'd build big bonfires on the beach. One night while at a party, I noticed big fish herding baitfish up against the beach. The next time I was down(my ex was from there), I brought my eight weight with me. It was sooo fun night fishing. More striped bass than I could count (average 5lbs), an occasional big largemouth, one big channel cat on a baitfish pattern. I saw huge panfish and carp, but they weren't interested in four inch baitfish patterns.

dustinchromers

Big ones, and lot's of them. My biggest was only around 8lbs while I was there, but missed a couple that looked bigger. There was a pic on the wall at the marina of a 65lber (supposedly). Lots of pics of 30lb plus stripers from there. I was in my mid twenties, and much more into partying back then. We'd build big bonfires on the beach. One night while at a party, I noticed big fish herding baitfish up against the beach. The next time I was down(my ex was from there), I brought my eight weight with me. It was sooo fun night fishing. More striped bass than I could count (average 5lbs), an occasional big largemouth, one big channel cat on a baitfish pattern. I saw huge panfish and carp, but they weren't interested in four inch baitfish patterns.

That sounds fantastic!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts