spring tubing for bass

Buzzy

Billy -
Nicely done!! I guess "watch your step" (and listen) are words to live by when hiking into your bass haunts.

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
I was fishing in an area the other day that has rattle snakes. I could've swore that every little twig or movement in the grass was a rattler ready to bite me. Totally freaked me out with every step.

Sure enough, as I was walking the river bank to avoid getting eatin' alive by a rattler I walk up on a HUGE fucking snake. Thing had to have been 5'. Scared me to death.

It was a bull snake that was just slitherin' around. It ended up in the river and swimming across to the other bank.

It really was something from your nightmares. I'm just glad I made it out alive.
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

bakerite

I like to mix it up. Ripping it doesn't always work. I think of a lm like having the personality of a cat playing with a toy. gotta get them to pounce.

If you were on the lake im thinking of over here with Tigers, those bass are weird. I'm not sure if it's from the super clear water or what but I have found them very skittish.
Might be skittish because looking out for the Tigers!

GAT

Dumbfounded
Considering the spin bass guys use extremely heavy leader and catch more bass than we ever can, I don't think bass are what you'd consider leader shy. I use 20lb tippet material just to make it easier to cast the big bugs and pull the bass out of the weeds as required sometimes.

kamishak steve

I like to mix it up. Ripping it doesn't always work. I think of a lm like having the personality of a cat playing with a toy. gotta get them to pounce.

If you were on the lake im thinking of over here with Tigers, those bass are weird. I'm not sure if it's from the super clear water or what but I have found them very skittish.
I second that. I've spent a lot of time on that lake and never been very successful with poppers. maybe one blow up in all the times i've tried it.

Grayone

Fishin' to the end, Oc.P
WFF Supporter
Thought I would interrupt the delightful covid/wolf threads with an actual fly fishing report:D

Got on the water just after first light: View attachment 281914
Started with an old stand by: View attachment 281915 This fly during the prespawn/spawn is just fire. The bass today were basically just slurping it in. I did have a few good flushes View attachment 281916 Gotta watch where you get out to take a leak...
View attachment 281917 Getting bigger: View attachment 281918 Had 2 rods rigged. Never switched a fly all day. Second rod: View attachment 281919 Got a good one on it too: View attachment 281920 I often get asked about set up/retrieve for bass. I use 25 pound flouro and im not shy popping it: Hiked out a little more cautiously after seeing the rattler. Home by 0900. View attachment 281922
Awesome

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
I second that. I've spent a lot of time on that lake and never been very successful with poppers. maybe one blow up in all the times i've tried it.
I want to try it with the most basic fly ever. simple marabou on a hook. a lot of PhD bass cant ignore marabou. I just don't fish that lake that much. I need to.

triploidjunkie

How are you building your own? just using foam blocks?
Not answering for Billy, but my relatives like wine. I have them save all their corks. Those work great, but are a little heavy to cast. Balsa is better and a little lighter, but you have to buy it usually. I've never done foam yet, but with a Dremel, all things are possible.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts