WTB (found) WTB Echo Carbon XL Euro Nymph 10' 3wt

Zak

WFF Supporter
Thought I'd check for a used one in the $100 range before I buy new. I'd also trade for a used once Redington Classic Trout 590-6.
I'm in Mukilteo. Thanks for looking!

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
Just a heads up that these are in short supply.

I just got two more; one for my wife and one as a backup. They took about a month and half to arrive. Evan told me last week that it is taking about 1-2 months, from the date of order. The shipments are fully sold out, before they even arrive. You might get lucky though and find a retailer that still has one.

They're awesome rods and definitely worth the wait. Good luck!

Echo is not even answering the phone or accepting new dealer orders right now (I tried to buy from them on friday).

I'll sell a new shape 3weight, 10foot Carbon XL for $160, pickup in Maupin or Hillsboro/Portland OR area. Tube, bag, and the rod look brand new because I used it only a few times and baby my gear. Bought a Shadow XL and used that this last winter. I have a new, not used, Deschutes Canyon Flyshop Sighter ($15) that is included as well. If you add 20-30 feet of 15lb mono to a 4weight line (Echo recommended), then add the sighter, then Trouthunter 6X flouro tippet to fly your in business for full Euro tight lining. I have no idea why we buy a $50 Euro fly line if your not competing. The reviews state the Carbon XL is exceptional at also throwing dries with a heavy 3weight or 4weight fly line, so this configuration is really flexible since you can remove the mono/sighter, add a conventional leader, and have a indicator/dry fly/small hopper/dropper rod.

Zak

WFF Supporter
Based on the responses above and how quick Mr. Neves' rod sold, I just bought mine new on A big online retailer.

Zak

Zak

WFF Supporter
Ugh. I ordered the 3wt and they sent me the 4wt. Oh well, maybe it is a sign I need the 4wt. Good thing I have a 5wt floating line lying around!

Zak

WFF Supporter
Finally success. I return the 4wt and received the 10' 3wt that I had ordered. Now to get some time off work to use it!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts