Road trip fishing suggestions

Freestone

WFF Premium
It is the ultimate drunk food. We have a number of such foods, believe it or not.
Oh, I can believe it! I don’t think I have ever seen so much alcohol consumed anywhere as in Oz. The Kiwis say their beer tanker trucks prove they drink more but I still think you guys have them beat!

Reeltrout

Cabezon:

With all due respect, I would avoid Seattle like the plague. Yes, there are some very nice places to visit but, I would worry about personal safety and car break-ins. We have not even ventured into Seattle since it has become place “where anything goes” and there is no recourse. (This even prior to the current pandemic.)Our regular thing to do was the National Geo series at Benaroya. Not anymore.
BTW - I have lived since 1956, not a newbie. I value my life and property, so don’t visit the city at all anymore.
I could suggest a ferry ride across the pond.
Sorry to speak badly about a city I loved but, it is not the city I grew up with.
Just my opinion .
Totally agree. Don't leave anything in your car in Seattle. You are on your own if you get robbed or a break in. Yes, this city is dying.

Reeltrout

I’d rather live in Butte than any where in WA. The amount of good water within an hour drive is insane.
Plus there are some really cool Irish bars in Butte and not far from the Anaconda settling ponds where huge trout reside.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Coming in from Seattle, a limit of 15 will cost you about $25-30 per clam-more if you go to Wendy's and need a wardrobe change. That is per person in the vehicle.

Maybe more?

I remember having to drive through Montesano before the highway bypassed it. That was in the 60’s on our way to dig clams. I think it was a flashing four way red. Whatever it was, it certainly boogered up traffic back then.
I don’t think at the time there were and Wendy’s on that route.
SF

Gyrfalcon21

I remember having to drive through Montesano before the highway bypassed it. That was in the 60’s on our way to dig clams. I think it was a flashing four way red. Whatever it was, it certainly boogered up traffic back then.
I don’t think at the time there were and Wendy’s on that route.
SF
I barely remember the freeway being built in the late 60's, maybe even until 1970 to the coast.

I do vividly remember as a kid going thru downtown North Bend as I-90 freeway bypass was not completed. Can anyone imagine what a cluster that would be now?

We had train tracks on the south bank of the Chehalis River from Cosmopolis to Oakville(?) until about 1980-ish? @Jim Wallace might know.

Incredible how train routes have dried up and the roads get more crowded.

I remember these beach days and this entrance! Moclips, maybe?

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I barely remember the freeway being built in the late 60's, maybe even until 1970 to the coast.

I do vividly remember as a kid going thru downtown North Bend as I-90 freeway bypass was not completed. Can anyone imagine what a cluster that would be now?

We had train tracks on the south bank of the Chehalis River from Cosmopolis to Oakville(?) until about 1980-ish? @Jim Wallace might know.

Incredible how train routes have dried up and the roads get more crowded.

I remember these beach days and this entrance! Moclips, maybe?

Yes, I believe that was Moclips.
Great movie.
We always seem to dig clams up by Iron Springs.
It used to be a long drive to Forks when you had to go through Sequim.
SF

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts