Trip Report Fishin' the Big C ditch...

I fished 3 separate sections of the little ditch known as the Big C. I was fortunate to find players in all 3 sections and was even more fortunate to stumble into a 1 hour bite window that gave up about a fish per cast, including my largest of the day who thought it would be fun to eat boat side....I thought that was pretty cool too. Actually, it was cool as fuck.

Uf8GAHg.jpg

UhAoJNZ.jpg

8ZjOKKu.jpg

PK9lEjf.jpg

1Ied9Lg.jpg

Lh1LkVB.jpg

I'm sure bass guys roll their eyes at multiple pics since "all bass look the same"....I do too...but it's still novel enough to me that I really dig them...

shockingly, all fish were taken on this, and once it was thrashed, a variant of it... :rolleyes:
pmA9QQh.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:

mcswny

Damn, I need to find a close to home fishery.
What eight rod are you catching those devils on?

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
Damn, I need to find a close to home fishery.
What eight rod are you catching those devils on?
7 wt graphite (really almost an 8) & 8 wt glass. When I hook into the larger females I'm glad I'm not fishing a 6....not to mention the wind (like today) can be relentless.

troutpocket

I drove through there on Monday and was eyeing all that good water. Glad to hear you were out there doing work!

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
And he never chased tigers again... lol
not a chance....they've been telling me to fuck off lately though.

It's funny though since last year, I went out in May on a whim and had some pretty good success for these guys so I wanted to give it a bit more of a go this Spring & it's paid off. Shoot, my first trip yielded exactly zero fish.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts