June is the best

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
I don't think Salmo even knows how to use the phone app on his iphone.
Hey now, I make and receive phone calls and text messages all the time. I don't make phone calls with my camera, and I don't take pictures with my phone. That would only be strange to you young kids. Admittedly I had to learn to text or one of my daughters said I would never hear from her again. So harsh!

JS

it’s all relative. When I moved from the Flathead to Baker county I would tell my friends that Eastern Oregon is like Montana without the people. Most folks from Western Oregon stop at Bend. Unfortunately Boise is growing super fast and they are discovering Eastern Oregon.

A legitimate fucking tragedy. So many SoCal boomers. Yuk.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
I take pics almost everyday...some for work and some for my own enjoyment, I like looking at the garden pics in the winter.
I don't take my phone fishing anymore, I've seen what happens, don't need to be replacing it just for a fish pic...
;)

moon1284

Home from Ennis last night by 8:30. Wasn't planning to drive straight through, but kinda' got that horse heading for the barn thing. Felt that WA heat wave arrive in MT. 103 when I got to St Regis, then 109 just west of there, and 111 in Spokane, then dropped to 87 in Cle Elum, but it was almost evening then. And 72 at Snoqualmie Pass.

Woulda' liked to visit and fish with Swimmy more of course, but still a rewarding trip. Checked out some new to me water on the Madison and can hardly believe some of the crazy water trout live in. Another plus side, if you can call it that, I came home with a new fly rod. Yeah, like I really needed another. However, my long preference for more medium action rods wasn't a great mix for tossing large wind resistant salmon fly patterns in windy conditions. Did Swimmy mention that it got a tad windy? Never had a Scott rod before, but now have a 6 wt in Scott's G Series; it's sorta' medium fast, but not stiff as a fireplace poker fast and stiff.

I'll head back over after the hoot owl fishing restrictions are lifted. No point in further stressing the fish that make our lives so fun.
I have a couple original Scott gs that were my main dry fly rods for years early in the season. Solid rod.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
You and @_WW_ are some long haul truck (Subaru) driving guys. Thanks for sharing your trip reports. More photos would be nice.
I'm not that much of a picture taking guy and the few I did take with the phone look like crap. My phone always seems to mess up the color. I'll put up a few in the morning.
That motor mount on the "1 Banana, 2 Banana" boat worked out just fine at Henrys Lake. I just set the motor to go straight back and steer with my fins. Leaves both hands free for fish tuggin' :)

triploidjunkie

I have no problem luggin' around my D500. That camera is pretty sweet.

94 here today. I miss June.

Think I'm gonna go for a hike tomorrow into the alpine and try and catch a grayling.
If you are going where I went last year, try hiking another mile past it, and try out the dry fly loving cutts that average 18 inches in the next lake also.

Buzzy

I'm not that much of a picture taking guy and the few I did take with the phone look like crap. My phone always seems to mess up the color. I'll put up a few in the morning.
That motor mount on the "1 Banana, 2 Banana" boat worked out just fine at Henrys Lake. I just set the motor to go straight back and steer with my fins. Leaves both hands free for fish tuggin' :)
Glad the 1 banana is working out for you!! Are you using a PWM? I only wish it had been and 8 footer and I wouldn't have sold it.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
Glad the 1 banana is working out for you!! Are you using a PWM? I only wish it had been and 8 footer and I wouldn't have sold it.
Didn't have time to get a PWM set up. Will have it for next time though. I have an 8' Bronco I'm going to sell. It's one of the earlier models with the frame made of heavier gauge steel so it weighs the same or more than a nine footer...and no bags or motor mount.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
I have no problem luggin' around my D500. That camera is pretty sweet.

94 here today. I miss June.

Think I'm gonna go for a hike tomorrow into the alpine and try and catch a grayling.

The D500 is a nice setup. I think you have the 200-500 lens which is a great, reasonable priced setup for wildlife as well. The D850 is my favorite though and my wife has been playing around with the Cannon EOS 6. It’s mirrorless and the 800 mm (F11 so a bit limiting) lens is less than 1k. We got some amazing shots at Teton and YNP last month with it though in less than ideal light. Will be used up in AK shortly. Excited to see what it produces.

Swimmy

If you are going where I went last year, try hiking another mile past it, and try out the dry fly loving cutts that average 18 inches in the next lake also.

Exactly where I was thinking. Great idea on the cutts though.

The D500 is a nice setup. I think you have the 200-500 lens which is a great, reasonable priced setup for wildlife as well. The D850 is my favorite though and my wife has been playing around with the Cannon EOS 6. It’s mirrorless and the 800 mm (F11 so a bit limiting) lens is less than 1k. We got some amazing shots at Teton and YNP last month with it though in less than ideal light. Will be used up in AK shortly. Excited to see what it produces.

I do have that 200-500. I've also added a few other lenses...micro, wide angle, etc.

At some point, I want to add another body to the quiver. Maybe I'll circle back to ya.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts