June is the best

Mike T

June is indeed the best, at least this year it is. Just finished up 5 great days on the St. Joe. Mornings were awesome, afternoons slow, and up high the caddies were on down by Avery not so much.
But July is looking to be a bust as The Nature Conservancy is closing for fis beginning tomorrow night due to water temps and low oxygen levels. We had plans for 10 days there in late July. I doubt they’ll get significant rain in the near future, so we are looking for a plan B. on the positive side there are always the humpies 10 minutes from the house.

creekx

Director of Stoke
Exactly where I was thinking. Great idea on the cutts though.

I do have that 200-500. I've also added a few other lenses...micro, wide angle, etc.

At some point, I want to add another body to the quiver. Maybe I'll circle back to ya.
Get the Z5. Once you go mirrorless you won’t look back.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
You and @_WW_ are some long haul truck (Subaru) driving guys. Thanks for sharing your trip reports. More photos would be nice.
Here's a shot from the middle of Henrys Lake.
IMG_20210621_081228008_MP.jpg

If you look closely you can see dozens of what are either Terns or Kites (the white specs in the sky) feasting on the prolific caddis hatch.
IMG_20210621_082304013.jpg

Here's what the water looked like after a thirty six hour blow.
IMG_20210621_095847165.jpg

Henrys Lake is a shallow one so the wind really churned it up. On this morning we didn't even get a bite. So we packed up and headed for Montana.

Once in Montana we ran into a real true to life celebrity. Sam the Weiner.
Sam Weiner.jpg

@Swimmy netting my friends fish.
IMG_20210622_064443921_HDR.jpg

Swimmy laying down the law.
IMG_20210622_094716332_HDR.jpg

Here's a Montana sunrise from inside the trailer. It's blurry, but so am I at 4:30AM.
IMG_20210624_053454187_HDR.jpg

cdnred

I do have that 200-500. I've also added a few other lenses...micro, wide angle, etc.

At some point, I want to add another body to the quiver. Maybe I'll circle back to ya.
Take a look at the Nikon Coolpix P1000. It offers a mind blowing 3000mm zoom, 4K Ultra HD video, RAW (NRW), macro, time lapse and so much more all in one camera without the need to switch lenses plus it's relatively compact. Price is much more affordable as well for a point and shoot camera..

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts