June is the best

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
I understand Salmo likes to sleep in. Good luck, pics please.
Just a little mix up on the meeting point. He was actually early just at the wrong spot. I got to row him into this: IMG_20210625_100322796_HDR.jpg

Fishing any vintage Young’s?
Absolutely! Using that 15A that I use on my short fiberglass rod. It has a short belly SA line on it which is perfect for what we're doing.

triploidjunkie

Solid day.

DSC_3368.jpg

001(113).jpg

DSC_3387.jpg

DSC_3410.jpg
Solid fish! What'd she eat? Looks like a streamer, but hard to tell.

Swimmy

Solid fish! What'd she eat? Looks like a streamer, but hard to tell.

Thanks!

That one came on a Salmon Fly dry (pretty much the only thing I've been fishing this entire month.) Multiple rivers and countless hours chasing a decent fish. Yeah, that one is pretty special.

I feel bad for _WW_ and Salmo. It has been windy as fuck most of the week and the forecast doesn't look much better.

So dawn patrol has become part of the daily routine. Might squeeze out one more in the morning and then pack it up.

DSC_3421.jpg

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
So windy today. Actually had to put on another shirt and my rain jacket as a wind breaker to stay warm. No fish.

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
Just a little mix up on the meeting point. He was actually early just at the wrong spot. I got to row him into this:

Absolutely! Using that 15A that I use on my short fiberglass rod. It has a short belly SA line on it which is perfect for what we're doing.
The 15A is a beautiful classic. Too nice of a reel not to be fished, have fun!

Swimmy

One more to wrap up June 2021. The guy wading is one of my buddies I call the Young Gun. Dude just loves to get after it.

DSC_3417(2).jpg

Winds got too brutal for me and it ain't getting much better this week. So I did the walk of shame and packed up yesterday. This is as bad as I can remember. Sure, it can be windy up there. But day-in-day-out of winds in the 20's and 30's out of the north just takes the fun out of it.

I feel bad for Salmo and WW. Sure, there are plenty of opportunities for them to fish w/o me but I would've liked to have spent more time with them. Hopefully they are crushing it.

On to the next adventure. Thanks for checking out the thread.
L8VPdFIT_o.gif

Last edited:

BriGuy

How's the hopper fishing over there?

And from some of the reports I've been getting from other local rivers, there might be good reason to keep this thread rolling one more day.
On a related note, the grasshoppers are out already in the Puget Sound area. I saw my first couple this week. We usually don't see them until late-July or so. I'm waiting for the crickets to start chirping next.

Might be time to put some hoppers in the fly box.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts