NFR Had to put my 17 year old Lab-Doxin-Chow mix to sleep yesterday

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
3F46375B-1269-472A-A4B8-49C096E3C1EB.jpeg This is Katie last month. Shortly after my wife set up an elaborate entrance to the cat box/feeding cage, I came home to find frail Katie Jumped over the wire basket that was taller than her. To her disappointment, the gate to the Cats box and kitty feed was closed. She could not get to the nuggets and she could not get out,so she patiently waited for me to get home to extract her. Naughty dog, but I admired her for achieving what seemed to be impossible goals.

nothing stood in her way. I locked her in my dads back yard when she was a young dog. She got out and we got a phone call from a neighbor a half mile away to please come get her. Later we found out how she got out. We saw her poke her little, but determined paws into the chain link fence and pull to the top ever so slow, but determined. Once she made it to the top, she used her back legs to forcefully “send it” flying 5 feet to the ground then happily running off to freedom

Last edited:

High&NeverDry

So very sorry. I know your pain well. Two weeks ago I had to put my pittie down. She was 15 and diagnosed with inoperable cancer. Her name was Potato..found her abandoned on the streets as a puppy. She was the sweetest and most gentle girl and just wanted to kick back on the couch and cuddle.
Her passing left a huge space that won't be filled. Sadly their lives are so much shorter than ours...

Attachments

• IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Premium
Wow, you are very insightful.
We had to put two 12 and 14 year old purebred and lab mix rescues down in 2019 and 2020 respectively. It was painful. Now a younger Lab-Shep mix rescue "Sprocket"; the latest in a series of five rescue Lab-Lab mixes over a 38 year period who was left "intact", always kept outside, never trained, and finally abandoned without water or food for ten days when his "owner" went into the hospital, is now peacefully snoozing on a big comfortable bed after breakfast five feet away from me. We've got another often naughty but wonderful loving companion. Yep, been there.

Reactions: dfl

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
So very sorry. I know your pain well. Two weeks ago I had to put my pittie down. She was 15 and diagnosed with inoperable cancer. Her name was Potato..found her abandoned on the streets as a puppy. She was the sweetest and most gentle girl and just wanted to kick back on the couch and cuddle.
Her passing left a huge space that won't be filled. Sadly their lives are so much shorter than ours...
Potatoe looks like she was a great dog. So sorry for your loss. Will you entertain giving a loving home to another stray after you grieve for potatoe? Mixed breeds and strays seem to make high quality, low maintenance pets

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
We had to put two 12 and 14 year old purebred and lab mix rescues down in 2019 and 2020 respectively. It was painful. Now a younger Lab-Shep mix rescue "Sprocket"; the latest in a series of five rescue Lab-Lab mixes over a 38 year period who was left "intact", always kept outside, never trained, and finally abandoned without water or food for ten days when his "owner" went into the hospital, is now peacefully snoozing on a big comfortable bed after breakfast five feet away from me. We've got another often naughty but wonderful loving companion. Yep, been there.
Oh man. Glad for you and glad for all the dogs. Win win

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium
I am so sorry for your loss. Sounds like you gave Katie a wonderful chance and life that others didn't, and in return sounds like she gave you and your family much joy.

Chason

Ouch, this strikes the heart. We also just had to put down our Lab of 14 years. We were able to have an in home euthanasia done in February. The house feels emptier not hearing her nails on the hard wood floor.
So sorry for your loss, it is a very tough thing to have to go thru.
RIP Marley
20171209_123805.jpg

High&NeverDry

Potatoe looks like she was a great dog. So sorry for your loss. Will you entertain giving a loving home to another stray after you grieve for potatoe? Mixed breeds and strays seem to make high quality, low maintenance pets
Thank you, she was!!
ALL of my animals are rescues, lost souls or those that just wander onto our property (cats!). Even my barn cats are adopted ferals from South County Cats.
I agree, they know they have been given a second chance and give you their everything!! We still have Hank, who some have seen on Awesome dogs of WFF. He came from a homeless addict at a gas station! When hearts heal we will look for a new friend

Attachments

• 20200816_154804.jpg
    20200816_154804.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts