Rod Stop

Slimbeaux

Ken - makes me nervous thinking about a fish hitting hard on a short line (Scotty now has a rod holder like Berkley's...), no need for the strap.

Pat
It does doesn't it? Thought I was taking a chance with the rod just laying across my lap.

Haggis57

Never knew that Scotty had so many options. Those mounts are pretty cool. Plus I love to see how others have their boats set up. Thanks Ken.
Yeah the Scotty mount options are pretty flexible - and extensive - once you get them figured out. I find it difficult to find stuff on the Scotty website sometimes. It's worth searching around though - I got it sorted one night with a bit of patience and my favorite beverage! They have a surprising number of options for mounting fish finders and transducers as well.

To finish up the rod mount idea, I liked the location of the strap-on mount enough that last winter (Covid winter 1) I made the mount permanent using a Scotty (what else) glue-on mount. Now it just have to insert the rod holder itself and I'm ready to go.
20210613_031837752.jpg

I can also have rod out to the side.
20210613_031807721.jpg

or stow it facing back for launching and landing.
20210613_031923848.jpg

For those who want the rod and holder on the outboard side of the boat, just rotate the bolt-on part of the Scotty mount 180 degrees.

Ken

p.s. It is pure coincidence that my last name is Scott!! There are no kickbacks or royalties involved!

Slimbeaux

Yeah the Scotty mount options are pretty flexible - and extensive - once you get them figured out. I find it difficult to find stuff on the Scotty website sometimes. It's worth searching around though - I got it sorted one night with a bit of patience and my favorite beverage! They have a surprising number of options for mounting fish finders and transducers as well.

To finish up the rod mount idea, I liked the location of the strap-on mount enough that last winter (Covid winter 1) I made the mount permanent using a Scotty (what else) glue-on mount. Now it just have to insert the rod holder itself and I'm ready to go.
View attachment 285066

I can also have rod out to the side.
View attachment 285067

or stow it facing back for launching and landing.
View attachment 285068

For those who want the rod and holder on the outboard side of the boat, just rotate the bolt-on part of the Scotty mount 180 degrees.

Ken

p.s. It is pure coincidence that my last name is Scott!! There are no kickbacks or royalties involved!
That is so cool! I wonder if I could do that on mine. Hmmm let me think. If I did I wonder how far the reach would be. Got the space just have to check it out.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts