Break ins on the Cedar

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
I anticipate someone asking me if Australia is so great, why don't I f*** off back down under. There are a number of reasons.
  • I married an American. I'm trapped.
  • The fishing is much better here.
  • I'm in a weird profession that pays a lot better here and it is enough for me to live in an east side bubble and pretend these issues don't exist (for the most part).
I have a conscience though. I would like this country to be better for people who aren't as fortunate. I've always voted for things that are totally not in my best interest (ie. higher taxes), with the less fortunate in mind.

Last edited:

BDD

I don't mind increased taxes...If and only if an audit were done on what we are currently spending our tax dollars for, with a breakdown of those costs. Some of the things I see that get approved I literally have to shake my head and say to myself, if this were put up to a vote by the American people, there is no way it would get funded. If the people wouldn't vote for it, then why are we funding it? A total and complete re-evaluation on what we are spending our tax dollars on would be a great start and re-prioritizing what we should be spending would help regain some confidence.

Do we want to make certain US groups a higher priority? Great...what foreign aid are we going to give up to make that happen?

BDD

And in response to Sg's comment about historically hanging horse theefs (sic), I can't help but take the opportunity to post something about Lonesome Dove.

"You know how it works Jake, you ride with an outlaw, you die with an outlaw. I'm sorry you crossed the line."

Attachments

• Horse Theef.jpg
    Horse Theef.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 27

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
I anticipate someone asking me if Australia is so great, why don't I f*** off back down under. There are a number of reasons.
  • I made the mistake of marrying an American. I'm trapped.
  • The fishing is much better here.
  • I'm in a weird profession that pays a lot better here and it is enough for me to live in an east side bubble and pretend these issues don't exist (for the most part).
I have a conscience though. I would like this country to be better for people who aren't as fortunate. I've always voted for things that are totally not in my best interest (ie. higher taxes), with the less fortunate in mind.

Can I add a few more.
  • Your urinals. Do you stand on or in front of the grate? Confusing with way to much opportunity for splash back.
  • Poisonous bird mammals…no thank you.

Zak

WFF Supporter
There should better be enforcement of scrap metal yards. They have huge water pollution problems along with receiving stolen goods and having ties to organized crime. If they weren't buying catalytic converters, people wouldn't steal them.

CreekScrambler

There should better be enforcement of scrap metal yards. They have huge water pollution problems along with receiving stolen goods and having ties to organized crime. If they weren't buying catalytic converters, people wouldn't steal them.
I recently heard a radio segment discussing catalytic converter theft and scrap yards. Apparently, many yards are beginning to require vetted sellers due to law enforcement pressure. It’s getting harder for tweaker to turn stolen parts into cash/drugs. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Reactions: Zak

creekx

Director of Stoke

(BigDave)

Anyone else like to fish the Cedar on here?
I like to. It's a 5 minute drive from the house. I have yet this season, but this thread has me thinking. I feel like my car is safer parked along the highway than tucked away in a lot that is out of sight. Although I have a catalytic converter taken from my car at the church park and ride just across the highway.

jangles

Kicked
Last weekend for the opener, I got dropped off at 0600 by Uber with my Packraft, so I avoid issues that one particular day. But My GOD I hate thieves.
What’s the worst parking lot on the Cedar for Break-In’s? I’d love to hide in the bushes w/ a baseball batt one day....
.........................Whyinthehellcantideleteafuckingpost10secondsafteripostit?

AdrianM

I like to. It's a 5 minute drive from the house. I have yet this season, but this thread has me thinking. I feel like my car is safer parked along the highway than tucked away in a lot that is out of sight. Although I have a catalytic converter taken from my car at the church park and ride just across the highway.
Can I park at your house for $5?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts