NFR NHL Playoffs

Stew McLeod

aka BigMac
I am a big fan of Fleury getting deeper into the playoffs while Pittsburg sits at home.
The dude is legit. It will be interesting to see the net-minder battle between him and Price. Hopefully a classic series but me thinks Vegas is going to steamroll them (Price is the intangible there I think).

Charles Sullivan

The city of Montreal is an embarrassment to humanity. The men are stupid, woman ugly and children are generally delinquent. Their hockey club is a smelly pile of poop. I detest everything about the city and hockey team.

Go Sox,
cds

tirefire

The city of Montreal is an embarrassment to humanity. The men are stupid, woman ugly and children are generally delinquent. Their hockey club is a smelly pile of poop. I detest everything about the city and hockey team.

Go Sox,
cds
Yeah. And their steak seasoning sucks

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter

Go Sox,
cds

Hey, them's fighting' words. Spent the first 18 years of my life in Montreal - no other city like it. The women are beautiful, far ahead of anywhere else in North America with fashion. The hockey team has the greatest history of any sports team, with the possible exception (and I say possible) of the Yankees. You cannot get Montreal smoked meat sandwiches anywhere else in the world. We put vinegar on our french fries, and if not going that route, then poutine. Montreal is the birthplace of Mordecai Richler, Leonard Cohen, home of the Molsen family (who I detest). It has one of the great subway systems in the world. Home of the 1976 Montreal Olympics (where the Queen waved to me on opening day). The music and culture of Montreal I like no other in North America, home of the greatest Jazz festival and Festival Juste Pour Rire. I could on and on....

Clearly, Mr. Sullivan has never experience Montreal.

CHEERS

Last edited:

Charles Sullivan

Hey, them's fighting' words. Spent the first 18 years of my life in Montreal - no other city like it. The women are beautiful, far ahead of anywhere else in North America with fashion. The hockey team has the greatest history of any sports team, with the possible exception (and I say possible) of the Yankees. You cannot get Montreal smoked meat sandwiches anywhere else in the world. We put vinegar on our french fries, and if not going that route, then poutine. Montreal is the birthplace of Mordecai Richler, Leonard Cohen, home of the Molsen family (who I detest). It has one of the great subway systems in the world. Home of the 1976 Montreal Olympics (where the Queen waved to me on opening day). The music and culture of Montreal I like no other in North America, home of the greatest Jazz festival and Festival Juste Pour Rire. I could on and on....

Clearly, Mr. Sullivan has never experience Montreal.

CHEERS
We can agree that it is a city like no other. I have been. I have seen an NHL game there in the molson center. I've purchased Molsen brouduers and Molsen xxx as a 19 yr old, been to St Catharine St. , been ripped off at a steak house, been refused directions in English. I have gone with friends, family and lady friends. I went to school an hour South.
I have been to many North American cities from Puerto Vallerta to NYC. Cities are great. I know of none less inviting or friendly than Montreal. Each visit to Montreal was less enjoyable than the last. The treatment that I recieved in the mid 90s was "like no other".
When I moved here to the PNW, my wife and I went to Vancouver prepared to experience Quebec style hostility and arrogance. Wow! What a difference.
It's a shame that Quebec did not secede. It's remarkable that they came so close.

Go Sox,
cds

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
I'm sorry your experience in Montreal was so negative. The "arrogance" of the French Canadians is legion and part of the charm; there is a loooong history to that. All I can say is that as an English speaker in Montreal/Quebec, I never once had an issue with a French Canadian refusing, in my experience, which was vast, from Montreal to the Gaspe and Northern Quebec, if you attempted to speak french, they switched to english - I became quite fluent, it still didn't matter, they switched; but that is just my experience.

cheers

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts