Fleet addition

Buzzy

Guys I would love to have you for sockeye fishing. It would be a blast
The bad news is there is at this point no sport season expected.
The run is just beginning with the first 2 fish arriving with little fanfare this week.
Last year no season was planned either
but a larger run than forcast showed up and a season was opened. I was there for the opener and the fishing was the best that day I've ever seen up there. We hooked 16 fish in my boat.
Let's all pretend there will be a season and be ready on short notice around second week of July. If a season happens we're on!
Sound good? :cool:
Yup! I even have a few bare red Gamakatsu hooks.

Buzzy

Announced by WDFW it will open July 10 for one fish limit.
Long drive to get up at 0230 for a chance at one fish. Maybe they'll change it if enough show up.
I saw that "one fish" limit. The supermarket is looking pretty good. 0230? And to think I just wrapped four turns of red thread on a red Gammie.

Jeff Dodd

Announced by WDFW it will open July 10 for one fish limit.
Long drive to get up at 0230 for a chance at one fish. Maybe they'll change it if enough show up.

Thanka Fred for passing that along and keeping the conversation going.
I am camping @ Ft Worden that week, but hope the fishery continues and returns outpace expectations!
I bought clamp on Scotty Manuals for my Alumacraft, so I can offer a seat to you as well!

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
Thanka Fred for passing that along and keeping the conversation going.
I am camping @ Ft Worden that week, but hope the fishery continues and returns outpace expectations!
I bought clamp on Scotty Manuals for my Alumacraft, so I can offer a seat to you as well!
Cool Jeff. I'm going to be at Sekiu from July 6 until the 11th.
I'll miss the opener. I'm not sure it's worth the effort for a one fish limit.

skyriver

Wow, that is a steal! Well worth the $300. And only 60 lbs!
I miss my old 8' Livingston sometimes, that I bought (& sold) for $250 20 years ago, but that thing was a tank. Love the seat box in those old Hoppers.

Just show your wife the sticker price for a new Hopper and she'll understand. :D

Slimbeaux

I ran across this 7'10" pram on craigslist for $300.00. Springcreek Hopper older edition. I thought it was a good deal and only 25 minutes from home.
@Buzzy twisted my arm and I gave in to the pressure. :D I knew my wife would have a fit so I told her I'd give her $300.00 to not give me any grief about it. :eek:
I'm doing a little personalizing to fit my likes. I picked up a couple Scotty anchor releases on the forum's classifieds and put new brass oar sockets on it. I picked up a 10# pyramid anchor and am going to use my garmin Stryker 4 sonar.
I moved the folding seat forward a few inches so I can straighten my legs without my feet hitting the transom.
I will test drive it to figure out the best locations for a rod holder and the sonar.
This should complete my Stillwater armada.
View attachment 285231 View attachment 285232 View attachment 285233 View attachment 285234
Wow that is a great find. Love front and back anchors; had those when I used to fish from a canoe. Keep me posted.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info