Okanogan

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
WFF Supporter
Had the pleasure of spending a few days in the Okanogan with Roper. Besides all the bull, Irish and cheap scotch (mine), we managed to hit a few lakes. Mixed results. Caught some nice fatties that we hope will make it into the fall. Nice ducks - ruddies, scaup, red heads and gadwall.
Next day had us chasing Lahatons with some success. Swirling winds made it hard to find a quiet spot. We stuck it out for a while but the Pastime was calling. A flight, with some side orders, was perfect.
Found ourselves at another lake on Sunday. Pretty darn humid. Ran into another WFF member. Results were mixed, or to put it another way, one us did well.... Nice bows and one decent brown. The red necked and pied billed grebes were entertaining.

A good friend, good brews, Irish and good food, what more could you ask for.

My thanks to Roper.

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
WFF Supporter
Gila:

Sorry I boor you. Perhaps I should be on your ignore list. I will strive to do better in the future.

Do you have a report that would be more interesting that might be of interest to me, and others?

Mine was a very benign post. Just relaying a fine trip with a good friend.

Respectively,
Micro brew

Roper

Idiot Savant
WFF Supporter
We always have a good time at the ranch, even if one gets skunked at a favorite lake. It wasn’t for lack of trying. I even borrowed a “Tim bug” from Scotty, nada.

It’s been crazy weather for close to a week, swirling winds, torrential rain, hot humid mornings. That’s the Okanogan for you…

In one lake the stockers (14 inch average) are like little footballs that rocket out of the water and quickly come unbuttoned. The challenge is to get one in a net.

The prize for me was a cutthroat over 20 inches from one of Tim Lockhart‘s favorite spots.

Chow time at the ranch is always interesting. Steaks and tater salad one night, Chicken Tikka Masala the next. Dinner and brews at the Pastime are always a treat because nobody has to wash dishes.

ED800B63-01DD-42EB-ABD8-0CBF63447C24.jpeg

Last edited:

Buzzy

We always have a good time at the ranch, even if one gets skunked at a favorite lake. It wasn’t for lack of trying. I even borrowed a “Tim bug” from Scotty, nada.

It’s been crazy weather for close to a week, swirling winds, torrential rain, hot humid mornings. That’s the Okanogan for you…

In one lake the stockers (14 inch average) are like little footballs that rocket out of the water and quickly come unbuttoned. The challenge is to get one in a net.

The prize for me was a cutthroat over 20 inches from one of @Tim Lockhart‘s favorite spots.

Chow time at the ranch is always interesting. Steaks and tater salad one night, Chicken Tikka Masala the next. Dinner and brews at the Pastime are always a treat because nobody has to wash dishes.

View attachment 285598
You got my attention with the chicken tikka masala. It looks like the weather is supposed to stabilize today for sometime. Good luck up there!!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts