(NFR) What do you do for a living?

I am an elementary school teacher, 4th grade. I also facilitate the fly fishing club and fly fishing experiential education course for our high school. Eventually, I'd like to teach high school social studies.

In general, I love my job, but often wonder what it would be like to be a trout bum, like Mr. Triggs.

Keith

Attorney. Just took the bar, have four more weeks before I start work (which I will do until I die).

I'm heading over to Montana, gas prices be damned, gonna spend a couple weeks at the minimum fishing all my favorite rivers.

It's amazing when you stop and think about all the different walks of life that come together to share fishing stories. Or lack of ;-0

I work for a large security company selling enterprise network security products. All that anti-hacker stuff

Firefighter for the City of Portland. Great job for the outdoors person. Work 24 hrs on 48 off. Now just need my Kids to get older so I have time to fish :) I still get to spend plenty of time on the Kalama even if it is working on my property.

jcsrage said:
I'm an xray tech in Boston. Yuck! The fishing stinks out here. There are a few rivers that have some sizeable browns but after June 1st the temps go up and the fish go on vacation. Everyone out here talks about stripper fishing like it is the end all be all of fishing. I yern for the day that I will once again be at home in the wonderful NorthWest. But if I happen to end up in say Argentina or B.C. that would be cool too.

John :beathead:
What's keeping you from moving back? My wife (also an x-ray tech.) says job opportunities abound locally in that field and the pay rates just keep going up to reflect more demand than supply.

Panhandle

O.K, I'm an adolescent therapist and I do some adult counseling too for a Private corporation. My speciality is in wilderness therapy, and I hope to start my own school here in the future. At the time being, I manage my own hours for the most part which means...... I fish alot- awesome wife! who fly fishers herself, so she is compassionate, although she is at her wicks end with my steelhead affliction. I know live 2hrs from the darkside instead of on the river- this has saved our marriage-LOL

jabseattle said:
Credit Analyst for a large software company
Haha... dude, Credit analyst.. thats just fancy talk for "The Muscle"

Me. Account Executive for Q13 FOX and Seattle's WB. I sell air.... I love my career.

~B
:thumb:

Banzai

FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs
Let's see, former Oly Nat Park employee (Summer), seven Years as a Field Artilleryman in the Army(76-81), next 22 years at PSNS as a weldor and QA inspector. On the job back injury led to disability retirement a year ago. Now I have the time but a fixed income and limited mobility have severely cut down on fishing opprtunities. Brush busting hiking trips to find that out of the way "unknown" spot don't happen any more. bawling: It's more of a "drive by FFing" trip when I get out now. :thumb: But it's still fun to get out.

James Mello

Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"
I work at a company that does money laundering detection. I'm a Software/Hardware engineer that wishes I could get out more!

James Mello

Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"
jcsrage said:
I'm an xray tech in Boston. Yuck! The fishing stinks out here. There are a few rivers that have some sizeable browns but after June 1st the temps go up and the fish go on vacation. Everyone out here talks about stripper fishing like it is the end all be all of fishing. I yern for the day that I will once again be at home in the wonderful NorthWest. But if I happen to end up in say Argentina or B.C. that would be cool too.

John :beathead:
Don't let John fool you. He's my long distance b**ch. I go to Boston for the occasional booty call and to have him take me to nice resturants. :rofl:

Gabriel Burgi

doesn't live in WA anymore :(
Former Toroedoman's Mate on the USS Georgia ('99-2001) also at Bangor.
No, you won't really get to fish on the boat unless it's on a weekend duty day at marginal peir or on port call in Hawaii. Now I'm a mere Ensign, waiting to go to flight school in Pensacola, Florida....warm saltwater..... :thumb:

In fact, I leave in 10 days. Without ever having caught a steelhead on the fly in WA.... bawling: