This is why we can't have anything nice

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
whoa....what's going on here?

You can blame Jackass, movies, TikTok or whatever, but the fact is, that with cameras, social media, etc...we're just seeing all of this type of stuff that's been happening forever...There was just no documentation outside of locals compared to now where you can live-stream to the entire world something like this.

I know I did a lot of dumb stuff as a teen and early 20-something (not like that, more along the lines of nearly burning down my parents house playing with fire---hell, I was a pre-teen then)....I'm sure many of you were just perfect kids, perfect teens, and perfect early 20-somethings :rolleyes:

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
Last week was the last week of school for a lot of districts around here. If I had to guess, I'd bet a few kids celebrating the end of school year or graduating high school decided to get together and make bad decisions because they couldn't handle their booze.

dustinchromers

You’re going to blame a tv show for how shitty people are? Im not sure if you’ve paid much attention to history in general, but people have been shitty for, well, forever. Blaming CKY and Jackass has to be one of the most illogical things I’ve ever heard. So before 1999 kids were super well behaved and never destructive, right?

Im not trying to defend what was done on the private beach, it’s obviously abhorrent. I would wager that it was done by drunk teenagers or early 20something year olds. I don’t think tv shows are the culprit behind the vandalism, I think Alcohol is the more likely answer.

Wait just a minute. You can't blame alcohol. We're talking about a substance that makes people better looking and socially lubricated. This is a people problem. If you blame alcohol here you have to blame it when a drunk driver hits something or someone. You don't put Jack Daniels in jail you put the drinker in jail. People are responsible for their actions no matter how they alter their perception.

Saltycutthroat

Wait just a minute. You can't blame alcohol. We're talking about a substance that makes people better looking and socially lubricated. This is a people problem. If you blame alcohol here you have to blame it when a drunk driver hits something or someone. You don't put Jack Daniels in jail you put the drinker in jail. People are responsible for their actions no matter how they alter their perception.
Shitty people drinking alcohol= Shitty people making even shittier decisions. It’s just a giant shitfest, Doctor.

Regardless, my original point is that there have been shitty people forever. It didn’t magically happen because of CKY/Jackass.

Reactions: dfl

SinglehandJay

Misanthropist
Shitty people drinking alcohol= Shitty people making even shittier decisions. It’s just a giant shitfest, Doctor.

Regardless, my original point is that there have been shitty people forever. It didn’t magically happen because of CKY/Jackass.
I'm not a doctor, never claimed to be. But hey fuck you! I mean this in the kindest way

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: dfl

Saltycutthroat

So the same property crimes and the shit that is done today was happening in the early 1900's? Alcohol was there too. The stupid fucking people of that time period didn't have shows with stupid fucks giving them stupid ideas. Those twenty something's probably watched that shit before or the millions of other YouTube videos showing stupid fucks and their stupid ideas for everyone else to copy, if you're a stupid fuck. Look man you don't have to get so upset. I didn't mean to put down your buddies. I'm a few years senior to you, yes I've been paying attention to the progress of shitty people and their history. Boy.
How shitty people are..... What's after that. Not just shitty in general but with shit that doesn't belong to them
Wow, there is some serious anger in your post. Not really sure what that’s about. There was never a point in my original post where I was attacking you.

Yes, I believe in the amount of vandalism per capita was probably around the same in the early 1900’s as now. The difference being the amount of people now, compared to back then. Couple that with the ability to share things with the entire the world on the internet, yeah, you’re going to think it was less prevalent in the past. People trashing places isn’t a new phenomenon.

The fact that you think that I am upset in my original post is hilarious. Then to go on and say that I must be “buddies” with these types of people without actually knowing who I am just shows how archaic your thinking is. Just because you’re my elder doesn’t make you some gift from god. All you’re doing by saying something like that is giving me the impression that you’re one of the “Christ, that’s not music. Back in my day you wore a suit and had more horns in the background.” type of people. Please get the fuck off your high horse and calm down, sir.

TDB

Flounder Pounder
This might sound crazy but I blame the problem with how shitty people are with things that aren't theirs or just fucking with people on CKY2K and the jackass movies and shows. They came out 21 years ago and that shit was incredibly popular then. People then at that time had kids who grew up watching that too and watching their parents act like idiots too. Fast forward 21 years and you have a couple generations of complete fucking idiots with not a fuck to give in the world and being a shitty person is hilarious and gets lots of likes and is super trendy. If things aren't yours it's no concern just steal it or destroy it. I wish I could see this kind of thing happen when it's happening so I could at least attempt to beat the shit out of those fuckers
9a47fca8a8408e3ccc8fea47a7411e2e.gif

moon1284

There was a movie that came out in late 70s or early 80s about kids in the southwest in a planned community who lit a school on fire at the end and committed lots of vandalism. I think it was called over the edge or something like that.

I always thought it that movie was way cooler than cky. But I thought CKY was pretty sweet when Brendan dicamillo did fire in the hole. Also when they went through the drive-through and asked for a mcpenis filet that was pretty sweet. Last but not least when bam margera rented the neon with the am/fm stereo and bought insurance then drove it through soccer nets, lit it on fire, and told the guy at the rental place he bought insurance was also pretty sweet.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts