This is why we can't have anything nice

Rob Allen

Wait just a minute. You can't blame alcohol. We're talking about a substance that makes people better looking and socially lubricated. This is a people problem. If you blame alcohol here you have to blame it when a drunk driver hits something or someone. You don't put Jack Daniels in jail you put the drinker in jail. People are responsible for their actions no matter how they alter their perception.

I don't think anyone is blaming alcohol. We are blaming the decision to use it to excess which each one of those people knew leads to poor judgment and lowered inhibitions. So the fault is squarely on the people who did it.

Proheli

It’s definitely sad. I hope the owners and maybe the people that use the area can have a little understanding and put it back in working order without blocking the access. I’m sure a little manuel labor and a few hundred dollars would put the place back to rights.

Most of the kids that do those idiotic things will outgrow it. There is nothing to do but put the place back-to-battery and get back to life. A few will be bad apples and end up in prison, but most are on the way to becoming normal non-destructive folks.

As much as I hate it what they did, I do know that many children are born into overwhelming situations. They are treated destructively and so do destructive things until one day, hopefully, before they are 40, they start to figure out life and realize that consideration of others is what makes the world even possible at all.

If it was my favorite spot, I’d get a couple of guys, go introduce myself to the owner and go spend an afternoon picking shit up and repairing the place. Just talking to the owner, being friendship oriented, and he would probably keep the place open, probably even end up putting a barbecue down there.

Last edited:

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Premium
It’s definitely sad. I hope the owners and maybe the people that use the area can have a little understanding and put it back in working order without blocking the access. I’m sure a little manuel labor and a few hundred dollars would put the place back to rights.

Most of the kids that do those idiotic things will outgrow it. There is nothing to do but put the place back-to-battery and get back to life. A few will be bad apples and end up in prison, but most are on the way to becoming normal non-destructive folks.

As much as I hate it what they did, I do know that may children are born into overwhelming situations. They are treated destructively and so do destructive things until one day, hopefully, before they are 40, they start to figure out life and realize that consideration of others is what makes the world even possible at all.

If it was my favorite spot, I’d get a couple of guys, go introduce myself to the owner and go spend an afternoon picking shit up and repairing the place. Just talking to the owner, being friendship oriented, and not only will he keep the place open, he’d probably end up putting a barbecue down there.
That can go a long way. I've gotten neighboring permissions when they saw I packed stuff out in my net. The other day I hauled a head and carburator out of the river, which had been revieled by recent floods. It was a bit heavy but the landowner said he would pull it from the top of the bank where I left it and get it to the salvage yard in town.

BriGuy

As much as I hate it what they did, I do know that many children are born into overwhelming situations. They are treated destructively and so do destructive things until one day, hopefully, before they are 40, they start to figure out life and realize that consideration of others is what makes the world even possible at all.

If it was my favorite spot, I’d get a couple of guys, go introduce myself to the owner and go spend an afternoon picking shit up and repairing the place. Just talking to the owner, being friendship oriented, and he would probably keep the place open, probably even end up putting a barbecue down there.

You make an excellent point. It really wouldn't take much more than some elbow grease and maybe a few dollars to dispose of the cans and debris. As you suggest, I'm sure it would help build or restore goodwill with the owners.

So, I just called the owner and left my contact information. They will forward it to the property manager and will let me know if they would like some help to fix and clean up things.

Thanks for the prompt. I can stew about this and lament, or do something to help -- especially now that I'm a little less pissed. Might also recruit a friend or two.

Proheli

You make an excellent point. It really wouldn't take much more than some elbow grease and maybe a few dollars to dispose of the cans and debris. As you suggest, I'm sure it would help build or restore goodwill with the owners.

So, I just called the owner and left my contact information. They will forward it to the property manager and will let me know if they would like some help to fix and clean up things.

Thanks for the prompt. I can stew about this and lament, or do something to help -- especially now that I'm a little less pissed. Might also recruit a friend or two.
Hahaha. Yes, we all have to get over our intense reactions before our cooler heads can prevail. Next time I'm pissed off about something you can jump in and tell me to get over it and try and do something about it. :)

Last edited:

Old Man

A very Old Man
Being as old as I am, I can remember a lot of shit. This trashing this area because of being drunk brings back an old memory. There used to be a spot on the main Stilly that the land owners allowed all to use to fish and do what ever. A few dumb fucks built up a big bonfire and then left the area. The end result was the land owners closed it all down. It was a flat wide spot that was used for fishing pinks in season. Hell, I even caught one there.

wanderingrichard

Yeah, you got the old formal chatroom version of 'Thnx'. Nowadays it's 'Thx' in text messages and email. Grandkids teach these things to old fogeys.
Hah!! No grandkids.. yet... I'll be about 74 when my kid graduates high school, and roughly 80 if she graduates college. So modern chatroom shorthand, like Latin, will be completely different by then. Meanwhile, i'll pratice the languages i'm comfortable with.

Old Man

A very Old Man
Hah!! No grandkids.. yet... I'll be about 74 when my kid graduates high school, and roughly 80 if she graduates college. So modern chatroom shorthand, like Latin, will be completely different by then. Meanwhile, i'll pratice the languages i'm comfortable with.
I have a 3 year old Great Granddaughter. I came out to out front room and she was using her mothers Lap top. I guess that I'm just a dumb fuck. A 3 year old is showing me up.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts