This is why we can't have anything nice

wanderingrichard

I have a 3 year old Great Granddaughter. I came out to out front room and she was using her mothers Lap top. I guess that I'm just a dumb fuck. A 3 year old is showing me up.
"...if you want to learn how to use something, ask a kid" is the old saying, right?

5weight

I went to one of my favorite MA-13 beaches to do a little SRC fishing. It's a private beach, but the owners are really cool about letting people fish there. It's out of the way and has a shelter and a few picnic tables.

As I'm walking down to the beach, I see some toilet paper wrapped around a shelter they have. As I got closer to the shelter, I saw beer cans, and a still-smoking fire from the previous night's party. I then noticed that they threw a couple of the plastic and metal folding chairs into what was a roaring fire. Burnt stumps from the firewood pile were laying around the outside of the pit. They also threw chunks of coals (still burning I would guess) all over the picnic tables and surrounds.

I then get ready to wade in and I see this:

View attachment 286150

The rat bastard dumfuks carried the porta potty into the water and tipped it. I got there just before high tide and it had floated about 50-100 yards up the beach from the shelter (where they likely dumped it) and came to rest. I called the company to report it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a No Trespassing or Stay Out sign next time I visit. I wish those that did this a miserable existence.

Assholes.
This kind of "savagery" is on the rise. Who raised these cretins? Is this what the "Zombie Apocalypse" looks like? Would a voluntary cleanup party be in order here?

BriGuy

This kind of "savagery" is on the rise. Who raised these cretins? Is this what the "Zombie Apocalypse" looks like? Would a voluntary cleanup party be in order here?

I called and talked to the owners and they will let me know if they need help. Also, I'm probably going to fish there this weekend and will bring some trash bags and a rake just in case the mess is still there. It shouldn't take too long to get things somewhat back in order.

Hopefully, the company retrieved their porta potty.

Tinker

Feckin eejit
You want to keep access open? Help clean it up, show there are enough good folks to counter the idiots who come-and-go. Yeah it's crappy that you have to pitch in to try to heal the damage, but sometimes it's what you gotta do.

Whining gets us nowhere.

BriGuy

Went out there shortly after the 6:14 high tide to clean up and fish. A couple of friends joined me. As I walked down to the shelter, I saw that the porta potty was back and freshly serviced. I talked to the sanitation company the other day and they retrieved it the night I called. Thank you, AAA.

1624737369271.png

The beer cans were all picked up and someone had straightened up a bit. I picked up some cardboard and other debris from the fire pit and shelter area and wiped some of the old ash and embers off one of the picnic tables. I also picked up some litter from the upper parking area. Not much needed, really.

It looks like some shellfish harvesters were preparing for the upcoming low tide. They had four of these processing stations staged and ready to go:

1624737681406.png

I'd love to show you some pictures of nice fat SRCs, but they were on siesta. Nary a bite. I guess pictures of a porta potty is all I got for ya. Maybe one day I'll have some worthy fish pics to share.

So, it looks like things are back to normal and there were no "stay out" signs. Good news.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Went out there shortly after the 6:14 high tide to clean up and fish. A couple of friends joined me. As I walked down to the shelter, I saw that the porta potty was back and freshly serviced. I talked to the sanitation company the other day and they retrieved it the night I called. Thank you, AAA.

View attachment 286641

The beer cans were all picked up and someone had straightened up a bit. I picked up some cardboard and other debris from the fire pit and shelter area and wiped some of the old ash and embers off one of the picnic tables. I also picked up some litter from the upper parking area. Not much needed, really.

It looks like some shellfish harvesters were preparing for the upcoming low tide. They had four of these processing stations staged and ready to go:

View attachment 286646

I'd love to show you some pictures of nice fat SRCs, but they were on siesta. Nary a bite. I guess pictures of a porta potty is all I got for ya. Maybe one day I'll have some worthy fish pics to share.

So, it looks like things are back to normal and there were no "stay out" signs. Good news.

Thanks for your efforts and your friends as well.
SF

Saltycutthroat

View attachment 286641

View attachment 286646

Nice work, man.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info