North West Heat

Mstark

Just cancelled a Snake River bass float next Monday through Thursday. 107 in Whitebird equals 110 plus in Hells Canyon…there’s hot, then there is too damn hot.

CreekScrambler

I grew up in the Central Valley of California and traded that 110 degree heat (central AC mandatory) for Mid-Atlantic 90-and-90 (central AC rare, window units spotty). Both were terrible in their own way even once acclimated.

I’ve grown soft and weak since moving to Western Washington and I’m not looking forward to the coming heat in a land generally lacking residential AC.

Shad

Ugh... forecast is only getting worse. Three straight days of 100+, with lows only reaching the upper 60s. That means if you don't have A/C, once it gets hot, your home will not cool to a comfortable temperature for about a week. That's going to be absolutely miserable.

Drink lots of water.....

Yard Sale

Huge Member
Hottest temp on record here in Hood River is 108. I'm seeing forecasts ranging from 110-117! Thats just plain mean. Hopefully that tropical disturbance fades and we don't see the worst of it.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
We had a 35 year old electric furnace that would have probably have worked for another 10 years. When the weather warmed up we used up to 4 window AC units that were noisy, blew in dust and let bugs in. This year we finally replaced the furnace with a heat pump and smart thermostat (Thanks for the advice @Jojo !) that has an accompanying app that can control the system remotely. If we're in cell coverage when we're away, we can see what the inside and outside temps are remotely and turn on the AC to have it nice and cool when we get home. Like @Evan Burck what a great decision!

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
We had a 35 year old electric furnace that would have probably have worked for another 10 years. When the weather warmed up we used up to 4 window AC units that were noisy, blew in dust and let bugs in. This year we finally replaced the furnace with a heat pump and smart thermostat (Thanks for the advice @Jojo !) that has an accompanying app that can control the system remotely. If we're in cell coverage when we're away, we can see what the inside and outside temps are remotely and turn on the AC to have it nice and cool when we get home. Like @Evan Burck what a great decision!
just be warned: heat pumps tend to struggle in extreme temps. Hopefully it's able to keep up for you guys.

Freestone

WFF Supporter
I’m glad that I have some indoor projects to do over the next week - and central air! However, sadly, I had to cancel/postpone a visit and fishing trip with @IveofIone. I am facing at least 8 days over 100:

42D9A1B8-09CD-4510-B619-92F08A248966.jpeg

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts