North West Heat

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
The last time we had some marine layer drizzle over here I was working and got pretty wet while doing garden stuff.
I then checked the soil and it was damp about a 1/4'' down.
I don't water the lawn so I don't have to mow....

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Unfortunately for the east side of the Cascades the "forecast" is for lightning storms "with a little rain possible" during the thunderstorm events.

That is a bummer Pat.
I hope you stay safe!
SF

girlfisher

Smoke in every direction with new fires popping up every couple of days. Folks are evacuating or a level away from evacuating near Mazama! Yesterday was a 100 degree furnace wind from the south. This morning a north wind coming from new fire just across the border near Osoyoos, BC!

Not good!

Buzzy

That is a bummer Pat.
I hope you stay safe!
SF
Thanks, Brian! It's like girlfisher says, new fires starting seemingly every day. My wife and I had been planning on a picnic to a favorite spot east of Winthrop (a book for her and wet wading for me). That place is on fire right now, next year maybe but I'm afraid of what it will look like.

CreekScrambler

Yesterday there was a spectacular plume of smoke visible rising over the crest of the Cascades and visible from Skagit Valley in an otherwise blue sky. Mazama probably won’t be much of a named place in the future if enough of it burns.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Sun is out now (noon) on the canal...so warming up and the fishing slowed down from the good bite early.

Back to work...maybe have a sandwich first.
Unlike @Stonefish I can't manage a beer at lunch without needing a nap...no doubt because I'm old...but it does sound good today.
True quilbilly fishing today, 'technical' overalls rolled up and old tennis shoes, slinging streamers from the beach...just another old white guy endangering Chinook from the beach.
Major fashion points though, wearing the Orvis shirt I got for 3 bucks at the second hand store. It's a good work shirt, but rarely wear it fishing, being last year's color and all.

While I remembered to bring a towel, forgot to bring extra socks...white socks of course...again no doubt because I'm old.
:D

wanderingrichard

Another option is inexpensive window fans like this.
They are reversible so you can suck hot air out or pull cool air in.
View attachment 286801
As soon as the temps drop in the evening we use these to cool the house out and then shut everything down as the outdoor temp approaches the indoor temp in the a.m.
While those help, you have to have to right style of window. if you have the big horizontal sliding ones that permeate the west side, not so much. You'll need to invest in some form of plywood to complete the fitting in the window frame.

On a side note, has anyone used Reflectix to good effect on their windows facing harsh sun?

Stonefish

Sun is out now (noon) on the canal...so warming up and the fishing slowed down from the good bite early.

Back to work...maybe have a sandwich first.
Unlike @Stonefish I can't manage a beer at lunch without needing a nap...no doubt because I'm old...but it does sound good today.
True quilbilly fishing today, 'technical' overalls rolled up and old tennis shoes, slinging streamers from the beach...just another old white guy endangering Chinook from the beach.
Major fashion points though, wearing the Orvis shirt I got for 3 bucks at the second hand store. It's a good work shirt, but rarely wear it fishing, being last year's color and all.

While I remembered to bring a towel, forgot to bring extra socks...white socks of course...again no doubt because I'm old.
:D

Sounds like a good day but your are behind on the beer count.
Just signed up a nice deal so I’m two into the afternoon. Working from home sucks, lol.
I do wish my walk to the sound was as short as yours to the canal. 5 minutes versus 5 secs.
Make sure to water your lawn. I need it to be nice and green when I park on it..... ;)
SF

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Having clients with beachfront homes is cool, what makes even cooler is some are low tide beaches and some are high tide beaches.
Better yet they let me fish if I want.
First day on the beach in a long time, getting the rust off for Coho season.
Didn't see any today.
I'm 2 coffees and 2 waters into the day...
Lol

Stonefish

Not NW related, but I was here about a week before the June picture was taken while on my trip to Minnesota.
Damn tough year weather and water wise in many places this year.
SF

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts