North West Heat

DerekWhipple

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Put up the rest of our shade cloth on the tomato house...its getting a tad warm out, but not unreasonable....
Lol 20210626_133659.jpg
:)

DerekWhipple

if much younger and just beginning the journey, Vermont and Michigan would be good places to consider..
It's funny, I remember reading that Oregon is one of the better states, but it turns out that while our average temp and precip won't change much, it's still getting too hot in the summer.

Michigan has great trout, smallmouth, carp, salmon, and "steelhead" fishing. Yes, they aren't really steelhead, but they have actual fishable numbers. You can fish with a reasonable expectation of actually catching one! Big lake run browns, too.

The only downside is it can get pretty humid in the lower peninsula.

Trout don't get as big on the UP, but it's easy to find solitude.

Gary Knowels

I live in an old, poorly insulated house with lots of windows. With an overnight low of 72, I awoke to a 76 degree house. It's gonna be a tough next few days here. We have a portable AC unit in the bedroom which let's us sleep comfortably at night, but damn is it gross in the rest of the house

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I kept everything closed up yesterday and it reached 84° inside my house.
78° this morning after having all of the back windows open last night to catch the north breeze.
Thank god for cocktails and a ceiling fan in my bedroom, I was able to sleep well.
Watered the tomatoes this morning and moved the pots to where they’ll get shade most of the day. They’ll stay there through Tuesday.
Stay cool everyone.....as much as possible.
SF

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
So, two pressing questions: (1) what's behind this heat wave, and (2) is this the new normal?
1. Mother Nature.
2. No.
This Cliff Mass update about the Heat Wave is an interesting read; especially the post by Gavin Schmidt, Climatologist and head of NASA's Goddard institute in the Comments section and CM's response (rebuttal).

girlfisher

This Cliff Mass update about the Heat Wave is an interesting read; especially the post by Gavin Schmidt, Climatologist and head of NASA's Goddard institute in the Comments section and CM's response (rebuttal).
Brian: Thanks for the info but I have no faith in CM and his big Oil friends. I have debated this issue before and, honestly, it's too hot to go into details.

I appreciate your comments on keeping your house cool and will take that advice as our household is about to invest in a ductless pump system. Our PUD offers a decent kickback on this venture as well. Stay safe and stay cool.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts