Booking with Red's

gt

called Red's and requested two dates in September. got 2 confirmation emails one with a date i requested, the other a date i did not request. after sending 3 emails to the listed email address, my very patient wife called. oh they said, we will fix the dates and send another confirmation. that was a week ago and nothing has arrived. i am thinking that if they can't even get the dates correct, how much faith should i have that they will actually put this trip together?? i do believe i will call tomorrow and cancel. looks like Ellensburg Angler may be another (better) choice.

any thoughts folks??

cdnred

Just a thought, sometimes they hire inexperienced help as in this case. Give them another call but insist that you'd like speak to someone higher up. Explain what you've been going through and have considered canceling the whole deal because of what's been going on. Red's may not even be aware of what's going on.

Buzzy

called Red's and requested two dates in September. got 2 confirmation emails one with a date i requested, the other a date i did not request. after sending 3 emails to the listed email address, my very patient wife called. oh they said, we will fix the dates and send another confirmation. that was a week ago and nothing has arrived. i am thinking that if they can't even get the dates correct, how much faith should i have that they will actually put this trip together?? i do believe i will call tomorrow and cancel. looks like Ellensburg Angler may be another (better) choice.

any thoughts folks??
Why not pick up the phone and call them? Red's has a good reputation, sometimes folks screw up.

sroffe

I talked with Dallas there when I booked my trip. I was pleased, got canceled because of covid in 2020 and told them we'd rebook. That we did this year, and had a good time.

chris stiemert

WFF Premium
One of their guides anchored up when I was fishing a hole (wading) and fished it - left a bad taste in my mouth. I’d love to see them put a limit on the number of boats going down the river.

tatross

I've been down to Acension Bay 4 times with Reds in the last five years. Same host, Craig C. and I must say its one of the highlights of my year. Great lodge, good food, great guides and really good fishing. I have never had any problems with booking, logistics, and their first class service.
Been on other trips that cost twice as much that have not offered a whole lot more.

I’ve used them on several guide trips, classes and spent a lot of money (according to my wife) on gear. Nothing but top notch service.
SB

Steve Saville

WFF Premium
I went to Christmas Island with Reds a couple of years ago. Great trip. Well put together. And I really like the Ikari House where we stayed. I may do another next year after the Island opens up.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts