4th of July...We do freedom better than anyone!!!

Buzzy

The russets were in the oven, inside the house, for 3 hours at 350 F. And, thanks! The meat was tasty and I have a bunch of chimichurri sauce left over. Any suggestions on how to use it? Chicken marinade, maybe?
Sorry, clueless on the chimichurri sauce since I'm not familiar with it. Spuds in the oven - I like to bake small to medium small russets at 500F, larger potatoes add 15 or 20 minutes. I rub them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper (don't forget to poke holes in both ends). When I take them out of the oven I put a paper towel on top and give them a karate chop. Delicious. If you get the karate chop just right, if fluffs the spud. Don't smack it too hard or you'll have a baked potato mess on your kitchen counter, floor.... (don't ask me how I know).

Buzzy

We do fire really well on the 4th...

View attachment 287693
Last night, just as the local (how do I say it politely?) yokels were setting off their "legal" aerial crap and some kind of deafening blasts, we smelled smoke. I closed any windows that were open and hoped that we wouldn't have 15 days of dense smoke like we had last summer. Batterman Road in East Wenatchee is now closed due to a 2,500 acre fire burning - apparently north of Grant Road (the road to Wenatchee's Pangborn Field). Inciweb shows the fire source as 'unknown'. We really do know how to start fires.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
The more fireworks you set off, the more you love 'merica I guess is the mindset of some folks.
Things went on late into the night around us.
It's a work day for us today, so went to bed about 9 last night. Didn't get to sleep till later, but at least got some rest after a really long weekend in the garden.
Ribeye steaks and a few cocktails is how we do the 4th.
The bigger the steak the more patriotic I figure.
;)
Went for the 18 oz models...couldn't finish it though, too many good sides.

Zak

WFF Supporter
Sorry, clueless on the chimichurri sauce since I'm not familiar with it. Spuds in the oven - I like to bake small to medium small russets at 500F, larger potatoes add 15 or 20 minutes. I rub them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper (don't forget to poke holes in both ends). When I take them out of the oven I put a paper towel on top and give them a karate chop. Delicious. If you get the karate chop just right, if fluffs the spud. Don't smack it too hard or you'll have a baked potato mess on your kitchen counter, floor.... (don't ask me how I know).
That sounds great! 3 hours at 350 yields a baked potato that is creamy and soft, instead of airy and fluffy.

Swimmy

Wanted to work off some of the tri-tip and homemade brownies from last night so my wife and I headed out for a hike.

Last night we got pretty heavy rains which is always welcome this time of year. The rain let up just in time for fireworks so that was a little disappointing but whatever. But it was still overcast this morning as we were driving to the trailhead.

DSC_3577.jpg

The hike follows a stream and takes you in and out of the forest.

001(121).jpg

Rain started about 30 minutes into the hike. It wouldn't let up until we got back to the car. I felt like a wet sider.

001(22).HEIC

5 miles or so gets you to the first lake. This one holds grayling.

001(120).jpg

001(119).jpg

We continued on to the trail that takes you through the trees on the left to the next lake.

001(118).jpg

After about another mile or so, you have arrived at your destination.

001(116).jpg

At this point, we tried to find some dry ground, have a snack, and rig up. It started raining a little harder and when I checked my thermometer it read 46. We were soaked and of course once we stopped moving we started getting cold, fast.

She let me at least make 15-20 casts but our fingers were numb. We weren't prepared for this and decided to make our way back down to the trailhead.

001(115).jpg

Would've been nice to catch a few fish but still a great way to end the weekend. Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday.

Kfish

WFF Supporter
Bunch of guests are visiting us from TX, wife's side=kids and chaos :)
Hiking, water balloons fight (followed by water balloons pick up lol) hikes, swimming, boating, sleep overs... My ears hurt :)
Took my brother in law fishing couple times, he actually out fished me this morning despite his newbie shitty 10ft casts haha.
PXL_20210704_223330879.jpg IMG_20210705_105834_984.jpg

Gary Knowels

The russets were in the oven, inside the house, for 3 hours at 350 F. And, thanks! The meat was tasty and I have a bunch of chimichurri sauce left over. Any suggestions on how to use it? Chicken marinade, maybe?
Yes, great chicken marinade. Also good on deeply roasted or grilled cauliflower.

Big Tuna

Wanted to work off some of the tri-tip and homemade brownies from last night so my wife and I headed out for a hike.

Last night we got pretty heavy rains which is always welcome this time of year. The rain let up just in time for fireworks so that was a little disappointing but whatever. But it was still overcast this morning as we were driving to the trailhead.

DSC_3577.jpg

The hike follows a stream and takes you in and out of the forest.

001(121).jpg

Rain started about 30 minutes into the hike. It wouldn't let up until we got back to the car. I felt like a wet sider.

001(22).HEIC

5 miles or so gets you to the first lake. This one holds grayling.

001(120).jpg

001(119).jpg

We continued on to the trail that takes you through the trees on the left to the next lake.

001(118).jpg

After about another mile or so, you have arrived at your destination.

001(116).jpg

At this point, we tried to find some dry ground, have a snack, and rig up. It started raining a little harder and when I checked my thermometer it read 46. We were soaked and of course once we stopped moving we started getting cold, fast.

She let me at least make 15-20 casts but our fingers were numb. We weren't prepared for this and decided to make our way back down to the trailhead.

001(115).jpg

Would've been nice to catch a few fish but still a great way to end the weekend. Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday.
Beautiful place! Thanks for sharing.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info