Sage rod repair

Bagman

So I’m not sure when /where / or how but I lost a section of my Sage Xi3 never fished rod. I sent a email asking if I needed a appointment to bring in my rod for repair/replace my missing section. Sage told me to mail it in as they were not doing any face to face. As a cheap old fart I bitched about the cost of mailing while I was only 15 minutes away. They told me there would be no cost and they would mail it back, but it was going to take a month or so before I could expect to see it. Well I just got it back and I couldn’t be happier. I have a backup 13wt. Sage comes through again.

sroffe

I have an older 6wt VPS blank I'm debating if I should send it. Will cost me 150 buck. But, probably cheaper than buying a new rod.

Cougar Zeke

I had a great experience with Sage two years ago. My posting is in yellow from the link above. I don't have a ton of Sage rods, but based on my experiences with them, the ratio is increasing.

Porter

FYI. It has been shared with me that you might want to go through any new sage rod you purchase with a fine detailed inspection. Inspect the guides/thread/reel seat alignment/ferrules, everything. This is just advice based on my experience with others as I will call them.

Replicant

My experience with Sage repair has been exceptional. I damaged a ferrule on my 8wt last summer and they returned it in half the time stated for just $25. Earlier this spring, my 6wt got stepped on and as I went through the very simple process of submitting the return for repair, I was mentally prepared to go through the summer without my old 6wt. They returned it, good as new in under two weeks. If they keep this kind of customer service going, they will have me as a customer for life.

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
I agree.

Sage customer service is A1.

If i needed and could afford another rod they would be high on my list.

They know how to bend over backwards to treat customer with respect.

Got my old 6 wt repaired on warranty in the middle of the covid crisis last winter.

kmudgn

My experience with Sage repair is very different. My repairs have taken a long time to process (I live on East Coast) and the charge for repairing rods under the "lifetime" warranty is ridiculous and in my opinion, a scam. I have given up buying any new Sage rods as I won't pay a premium in rod cost for an alleged lifetime warranty and then have to pay another fee for the "free" warranty.

Don't believe me? See below:

long_rod_silvers

WFF Premium
My experience with Sage repair is very different. My repairs have taken a long time to process (I live on East Coast) and the charge for repairing rods under the "lifetime" warranty is ridiculous and in my opinion, a scam. I have given up buying any new Sage rods as I won't pay a premium in rod cost for an alleged lifetime warranty and then have to pay another fee for the "free" warranty.

Don't believe me? See below:

Difference between warranty and repair.
The warranty is free. If there is a defect in their product, they will fix it for free.
If you break your rod, that's not fair to expect them to fix it for free is it? Isn't that like crashing your car and taking it back to the dealer and asking it to be fixed under a warranty request?

Porter

Difference between warranty and repair.
The warranty is free. If there is a defect in their product, they will fix it for free.
If you break your rod, that's not fair to expect them to fix it for free is it? Isn't that like crashing your car and taking it back to the dealer and asking it to be fixed under a warranty request?
They will fix current rods but a fee applies to older rods for an upgrade or am I reading it wrong?

long_rod_silvers

WFF Premium
They will fix current rods but a fee applies to older rods for an upgrade or am I reading it wrong?
They will fix any breakage resulting from non-warranty issue for a fee. The amount of the fee varies depending on how old the rod is. $35 for current rods, $85 for "recent" rods and $175 for "classic" rods.

Any warranty issue (their fault) they will fix for free.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts