FYFA

I'm a Fly Fishing guide on the South Fork of the Snake River. Sections from upper to lower. I live in Washington usually working at Hanford but home is in Swan Valley ID (Grew up here, but able to telework, yay Covid!). I'm very familiar with Washington which is my 2nd love of a state I've lived. I've lived on the Westside building Hood Canal, 520 floating bridges, and big projects at Naval Base Kitsap. Lived in Silverdale, Poulsbo, Gig Harbor, Richland, and a few other WA places. Also, Baja Mexico catching hawgs with Fly rods or slamming Yellow Tail, Dorado, or Sailfish with live bait.
So, a professional and experienced rowing and fly fishing guide, as well as my father, on the rivers of East Idaho and West Montana and Wyoming. Waters of Baja Mexico on the Sea of Cortez, etc

Living in Washington we fished mostly on the Columbia for Salmon, Sturgeon, and anything else we can catch on our big fishing boat. Also, Although Idaho, our home is where we Fly Fish on our drift boats.

We have our own boats, 70 combined years of rowing and boating experience, and the love of conservation for our local fish, the Native Cutthroat, and all other fisheries and fish.

We're asking this, after the awesome season ends here in Idaho, drift boating, which rivers and places (specifically rivers, put in, take out spots) would be a great river to float and catch some hawgs in the late summer and early fall? I lived there for a while and mostly knew only catching fish on the Columbia. I know the rivers there are great, but have no idea where to start. I'd love some input, and knowledge of where to go.

Thank you for reading, I appreciate your knowledge, and look forward to hearing some info.

Secondly, if you want the down low on the Snake, I'll share my inside knowledge.

Thanks yall!

Gyrfalcon21

I prefer wading and rivers that are wade only. Just me.

Are you looking to guide rivers in WA?

Last edited:

O' Clarkii Stomias

I'm a Fly Fishing guide on the South Fork of the Snake River. Sections from upper to lower. I live in Washington usually working at Hanford but home is in Swan Valley ID (Grew up here, but able to telework, yay Covid!). I'm very familiar with Washington which is my 2nd love of a state I've lived. I've lived on the Westside building Hood Canal, 520 floating bridges, and big projects at Naval Base Kitsap. Lived in Silverdale, Poulsbo, Gig Harbor, Richland, and a few other WA places. Also, Baja Mexico catching hawgs with Fly rods or slamming Yellow Tail, Dorado, or Sailfish with live bait.
So, a professional and experienced rowing and fly fishing guide, as well as my father, on the rivers of East Idaho and West Montana and Wyoming. Waters of Baja Mexico on the Sea of Cortez, etc

Living in Washington we fished mostly on the Columbia for Salmon, Sturgeon, and anything else we can catch on our big fishing boat. Also, Although Idaho, our home is where we Fly Fish on our drift boats.

We have our own boats, 70 combined years of rowing and boating experience, and the love of conservation for our local fish, the Native Cutthroat, and all other fisheries and fish.

We're asking this, after the awesome season ends here in Idaho, drift boating, which rivers and places (specifically rivers, put in, take out spots) would be a great river to float and catch some hawgs in the late summer and early fall? I lived there for a while and mostly knew only catching fish on the Columbia. I know the rivers there are great, but have no idea where to start. I'd love some input, and knowledge of where to go.

Thank you for reading, I appreciate your knowledge, and look forward to hearing some info.

Secondly, if you want the down low on the Snake, I'll share my inside knowledge.

Thanks yall!
South Fork Lodge?

Swimmy

Catching hawgs!
iWv7I1bp_o.gif

Old Man

A very Old Man
South Fork Lodge?
I guess I don't know about that place. But he mentioned building Hood Canal. I'm 86 years old and as long as I lived in Washington. Hood Canal has always been there. From 1944 to 2007. I don't believe he's got his Stat's down and clear.

NRC

WFF Supporter
I guess I don't know about that place. But he mentioned building Hood Canal. I'm 86 years old and as long as I lived in Washington. Hood Canal has always been there. From 1944 to 2007. I don't believe he's got his Stat's down and clear.
He also said he’s built five hundred and twenty floating bridges, but this state only has two of em. Busted!

;)

Peyton00

It sank in 1979, was rebuilt and reopened in 1982.

cdnred

Looking on wikipedia.org, it says that the Hood Canal Bridge first opened in 1961. The Hood Canal Bridge suffered a castrophic failure in 1979 during the February windstorms. The west-half was reconstructed and the Hood Canal Bridge re-opened to vehicular traffic in 1982. In a project that lasted from 2003 to 2009, WSDOT replaced the east-half floating portion of the bridge. I'm assuming that he was working during the 2003 to 2009 project..
He also said he’s built five hundred and twenty floating bridges, but this state only has two of em. Busted!
I think that what he said was that he built "520 floating bridges", referring to building some floating bridges along hwy #520 in the Seattle area..

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts