The Thread Built from Stoke

Swimmy

Got in a big one today.

Driving in

DSC_4218.jpg

Hope he got him a big one

DSC_4217.jpg

The goal was to hike to a lake, catch a fish, then bag the peak.

This is looking back down the trail. The hiked follows a creek through the forests. As you begin to climb the views open up a bit.

DSC_4219.jpg

After 6 miles I got to the lake.

I thought I read that the lake was stocked with cutthroat. But this thing was dead. Lots of bugs on the surface but no risers. It also looked pretty shallow so it might even freeze over.

So I turned my sights to the peak on the left. Also the highest peak in the range at 10,500'

DSC_4229.jpg

Love hiking through the high country.

DSC_4242.jpg

Some of the locals

DSC_4239.jpg

Got to the pass at 10,000'. You can see this isn't much of a climb but more a long hike.

DSC_4243.jpg

Summit

DSC_4256.jpg

On the way back, stopped and enjoyed the wildflowers.

DSC_4260.jpg

16.25 miles, 4000' of elevation, 7 hrs and 15 min car to car. I'm diggin' these big days.

DSC_4264.jpg

Swimmy

Caught a couple nice bows yesterday, one real chunky one on a big, pink dry. Tried again today, but only managed a few small bass. Hooked a really big bass, but .

That is an awesome trout.

But is it common to catch trout and bass in the same stream?

cdnred

Chason

Awesome trip, looking at your pics made me feel like I was there with you..!! What was your stats on this trip, how many hours top to bottom, elev gain, start time..?
A short hike, at 2 miles up. All the elevation is in the last 3/4 mile at almost 1800 ft. Took 5 hours to get up and back to the truck. Started at 7 30 a.m. and the mosquitoes were all time bad. This was a class 3 scramble with the final 1/8th of a mile fully exposed to the 1800 ft below. Was hard, stomach turning, and so worth the time.

cdnred

A short hike, at 2 miles up. All the elevation is in the last 3/4 mile at almost 1800 ft. Took 5 hours to get up and back to the truck. Started at 7 30 a.m. and the mosquitoes were all time bad. This was a class 3 scramble with the final 1/8th of a mile fully exposed to the 1800 ft below. Was hard, stomach turning, and so worth the time.
Amazing, looking at the pics and the distance it would've appeared to have been a much longer climb. The elevation gain would've been enough to put me down. I've never done a climb of any sort and at 70, I'm beyond trying for health reasons but that climb was very inspirational for me. I think that in all sports, climbing must be near the top for endurance and strength. Thanks again for the great pics of your journey..!! :)

Chason

Amazing, looking at the pics and the distance it would've appeared to have been a much longer climb. The elevation gain would've been enough to put me down. I've never done a climb of any sort and at 70, I'm beyond trying for health reasons but that climb was very inspirational for me. I think that in all sports, climbing must be near the top for endurance and strength. Thanks again for the great pics of your journey..!! :)
Thank you! I chose this as a warm up for some longer summit attempts later in the year. It wiped me out pretty good. But its good conditioning for the coming climbs and hunting season. Always stoked for an adventure!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts