The Thread Built from Stoke

Swimmy

This has been a great spot. I could sit in that chair for hours.

001(107).JPG

Was going to fish early and then head out. But we got quiet a bit of rain last night and a plug is moving through. Might just head home and get ready for a hike Sunday with the wife.

creekx

Director of Stoke
This has been a great spot. I could sit in that chair for hours.

001(107).JPG

Was going to fish early and then head out. But we got quiet a bit of rain last night and a plug is moving through. Might just head home and get ready for a hike Sunday with the wife.
Blue skies! Looks like the rain knocked down the smoke haze?

Swimmy

How bout a little gear stoke?

In my quest for goldens and cutts in the alpine, I’ve decided to downsize my pack. Getting to these lakes can be very strenuous and I just don’t need 70 liters for 3 day trips.

So I’ve added the Osprey Atmos 50 to the quiver.

001(26).HEIC

001(27).HEIC

If you aren’t familiar with this pack, check it out. It is insanely comfortable. Mostly due to what they call their anti gravity frame. I know, it sounds like hype but the way this thing fits around your body is like nothing else I’ve ever worn.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
I've had an Osprey pack about that size for the last couple years (don't recall if it's that same model), and it is extremely comfortable. I have a couple lighter packs, but the comfort of the Osprey makes it worth the few extra ounces.

Swimmy

Yeah it is like 4 lbs so a touch on the heavier side.

This system is unique to this model. Not sure why they don't incorporate this frame into all of their packs. Maybe it is not as comfortable in a bigger pack/heavier loads.

I tried on another Osprey pack, the Aether 55. It was fine but the Atmos in a different class. If you read some of the online reviews you'll see "the most comfortable pack we've ever tested."

I'm all for hype but this is legit. The fit is unlike anything else I've ever tried.

ianpadron

In my quest for goldens and cutts in the alpine, I’ve decided to downsize my pack. Getting to these lakes can be very strenuous and I just don’t need 70 liters for 3 day trips.

001(26).HEIC

001(27).HEIC

If you aren’t familiar with this pack, check it out. It is insanely comfortable. Mostly due to what they call their anti gravity frame. I know, it sounds like hype but the way this thing fits around your body is like nothing else I’ve ever worn.

Yeah it is like 4 lbs so a touch on the heavier side.

This system is unique to this model. Not sure why they don't incorporate this frame into all of their packs. Maybe it is not as comfortable in a bigger pack/heavier loads.

I tried on another Osprey pack, the Aether 55. It was fine but the Atmos in a different class. If you read some of the online reviews you'll see "the most comfortable pack we've ever tested."

I'm all for hype but this is legit. The fit is unlike anything else I've ever tried.
If you really want to go down the rabbit hole of top tier ultralight packs, Stone Glacier, Seek Outside, and Mystery Ranch (among others) make packs that are exponentially more comfortable than even the best "hiking" packs.

They're designed to haul out 100# loads of big game, literally can't tell you're wearing them with less than 60#...no joke!

Swimmy

My 70 liter is a Mystery Ranch Glacier. I’ve hiked countless miles with that pack.

Before that I had a Dana Design but pawned it in college. Big regret there.

ianpadron

My 70 liter is a Mystery Ranch Glacier. I’ve hiked countless miles with that pack.

Before that I had a Dana Design but pawned it in college. Big regret there.
I was upset when they moved the hunting line of packs overseas...but their new Guide Light MT frame is too dang good to care.

I prefer my Stone Glacier (made in Bozeman) as an overall pack, but the MR is sweeeet.

Those old Dana Design packs are bad to the bone!

ianpadron

Just googled these guys. Dang, can’t believe I’ve never even heard of ‘em especially considering they are local.

Thanks for sharing.
No prob.

Most capable pack I've ever run, have switched countless buddies over to them.

Several 110# plus pack outs and looks brand new, Kurt runs an all-star business. The Evo 40/56 would be the shizz for an ultralight exploring/fishing pack!

Here's my 6900 Sky Talus in its natural habitat, balls deep in the WA wilderness in October!
IMG_20201023_101358_898.jpg

creekx

Director of Stoke

001(26).HEIC

001(27).HEIC

Nice. Been looking at the Atmos and Aether What’s your total weight going to be? My issue is extra weight and volume of camera gear.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts