Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

The Thread Built from Stoke

37K views 570 replies 89 participants last post by  phuck this 
#1 ·
Moving water, big dries, and fat cutts....it's what's on my mind.

Yeah, I want more.

What's got you going all nom nom nom?

See less See more
#532 ·
Weekend was stoke worthy. Hiked up to 7K elevation. Last mile was off trail, with views of the valley that are hard to beat. Weather was great on the way up until we got to the summit. Then it started snowing. Snowed for the next 2 days with little breaks of 10-30 minutes where we'd sneak out and catch a few cutts. Monday the weather cleared just in time for some quick fishing and the hike out.

Sky Cloud Plant Mountain Plant community

#545 · (Edited)
Got some GREAT news yesterday that has my Stoke-O-Meter pegged at 11! We made an offer on a couple buildable acres with river frontage. The sellers made a very reasonable counter which we jumped on and we now have contract contingent on our house being on the market within 5 business days (yikes!). Looks like I will have steelhead - if even a very few - swimming in my back yard by this time next year!!! Never EVER thought I'd be living on waterfront - let alone be stoked about moving into a rental! Getting the keys today. WE'RE OUTTA HERE!!!

Here's a peek at the the "backyard".

20210814_140930.jpg
20210814_141803.jpg
20210814_141515.jpg

#546 ·
Got some GREAT news yesterday that has my Stoke-O-Meter pegged at 11! We made an offer on a couple buildable acres with river frontage. The sellers made a very reasonable counter which we jumped on and we now have contract contingent on our house being on the market within 5 business days. Looks like I will have steelhead - if even a very few - swimming in my back yard by this time next year!!! Never EVER thought I'd be living on waterfront - let alone be stoked about moving into a rental! Getting the keys today. WE'RE OUTTA HERE!!!

Here's a peek at the the "backyard".

View attachment 297749 View attachment 297750 View attachment 297751
VERY stoke-worthy

#563 ·
Beautiful, your hard work paid off..!! :) Trip report..?
Thank you guys.
Its been an epic adventure roaming some of the most beautiful country Montana offers.
For anyone interested i will provide a link to another forum where I spell it out blow by blow. It is loaded with cool pics. Be prepared, I think it is 7 pages long.
In the meantime life is creeping back to normal..WFF was my fix for a 5 month fishing void.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.