BC / US Border - Opening Soon? An update…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
meanwhile Canada sanctions the burning of churches across the land

"Justin Trudeau joined Indigenous leaders and provincial officials in condemning what are widely suspected to be acts of arson." (My bold)

Jack MeHoff

So, what’s worse, mass graves or burning churches down…asking for a friend…
the whole issue is a ugly piece of Canadian history similar to the period of time when the U.S. had slavery. we recently tore down the confederate monuments & they are burning the churches . but it is a injustice to humanity that many people would like to forget it happened because it's unpleasant history.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
So, what’s worse, mass graves or burning churches down…asking for a friend…
I guess they both can't be bad in this discussion there needs to be a winner...and while it's just another example in a long list of man's inhumanity toward his fellow man and lack of compassion for those who are different, and here the fact that they were children makes it particularly abhorrent.

Burning of churches is so old school it's almost cliché as far as rebellious revenge on ruling authority goes. Every culture since forever destroyed one groups gods and installed their own after they won some battle or war. But that wasn't enough so the various major theist systems fought amongst themselves and broke off into a bunch of branches...who could fight each other....and so that still goes on of course.

JFC

...and so it goes....

...and so it goes....

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
the whole issue is a ugly piece of Canadian history similar to the period of time when the U.S. had slavery. we recently tore down the confederate monuments & they are burning the churches . but it is a injustice to humanity that many people would like to forget it happened because it's unpleasant history.
Residential or bolding schools for Native Americans is also an ugly piece of American history, just for any who may not know:

index.html

Yard Sale

Huge Member
Not triggered. I don't really get triggered at name calling. I just thought you could express your ideas without it.. in short aren't you better than that? In a political system where you have two really shitty choices it's pretty hard for me to come down hard on folks for choosing one flavor over the other let alone cheerlead for one of the choices of shit. "Cat shit tastes the best and if you don't think so you're a ___________"

Solid effort at skirting the issue I was raising.

Care to actually add to the discussion by giving your take on the voter map matching the vaccination map almost exactly?

Jack MeHoff

Residential or bolding schools for Native Americans is also an ugly piece of American history, just for any who may not know:

index.html
society as a whole have been unrelenting in persecuting various ethnic groups thru out history & likely as not continue this practice

Jack MeHoff

Solid effort at skirting the issue I was raising.

Care to actually add to the discussion by giving your take on the voter map matching the vaccination map almost exactly?
you two should think about grabbing some beers and take this discussion to a backroom somewhere and resolving your issues

Stew McLeod

aka BigMac
Tell your friend it is up to him/her to decide once they know the facts - Tell them to actually read something and learn the sordid history of Residential Schools, then they can make up their own mind.

cheers
Definitely dark history for my native land. When I look back, one of my best friends in grade school was an Indigenous kid taken from his family and placed with a nice "Canadian" family. As he got older he was one messed up kid.

Swimmy

True words here. I am an immigrant and am thankful everyday for the opportunities this great country has afforded me and my children. God Bless America.

L8VPdFIT_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts