BC / US Border - Opening Soon? An update…

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinchromers

Solid effort at skirting the issue I was raising.

Care to actually add to the discussion by giving your take on the voter map matching the vaccination map almost exactly?

Why do you think? One group wholeheartedly trust the government lock stock and barrel. The other doesn't lock stock and barrel. It's pretty obvious and serves as evidence of a giant divide. I don't even have to use words like Trumptard or Libtard to get that thought out while you clearly do cause it's fun for you to insult "the other team" and "trigger" them. Although I guarantee you wouldn't be nearly so insulting without the internet between you and "them". It's not hard to not use names or see the obvious. Guys like you all concerned about what others are doing should mind their own paper. Maybe write Justin a letter explaining how special you are and that indeed you've taken the vaccine. You're the type Canada would make an exception for. Definitely use some insulting names for the other team. It will set your letter apart and impress Canada as a whole. Me personally I could give a damn what others do vaccine wise or otherwise to their bodies. They can have as many abortions, vaccines, and guns as they like. I don't care, which I'm sure translate to you as ,"I don't care about others." So it's hardly worth responding. It's Canada. They are another country. They are doing to do what they do. Even though I have family there I really don't care what they do to their border as it's none of my business. It's all grand standing anyway.

And last I checked weren't you guys using terms like "land doesn't vote". So you're fully willing to disregard any individuals and anomalies from your little chart now? I think you should campaign in that letter that people from the zones you like can go across the border while the Trumptard zones cannot. Don't even check their vaccine or voting history just cull them by association. Sorry you can't go fishing though. I mean a major pandemic is raging and you're concerned about entering a foreign country to fish? That's the definition of entitlement and a major first world problem. Then insulting others for their choices? That's toddler level entitlement and logic. Do you care about other people or just your ability to recreate in a foreign country?

Last edited:

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Even though I have family there I really don't care what they do to their border as it's none of my business. It's all grand standing anyway.
What utter drivel. There is a reason the US has 104,287 cases per million and 1,870 deaths per million and Canada has 37,297 cases per million and 604 deaths per million, ie, about a third of the rates. Canada did what it needed to do to protect the Canadian population and continues to do so. The border is gradually opening, and will be open to Americans who are full vaccinated, but closed to unvaccinated, once 75% of Canadians are full vaccinated. This has already been posted above and links provided.

Me personally I could give a damn what others do vaccine wise or otherwise to their bodies.

You should give a dammn. You clearly do not seem to understand the reason for vaccination programs. They are not just for you as an individual, they are for the protection of the society as a whole - you might do well to educate yourself on smallpox, polio, etc. Unvaccinated individuals are affecting your life, how schools can re-open, how businesses can conduct their business, elective and in some areas non-elective surgeries/hospirtalizations, etc. Furthermore, as has been described and referenced in other threads, the unvaccinated serve as a reservoir for the development of new variants, which so far, lucky for us, have not been completely resistant to the vaccine-induced immune response. Vaccination of the population is the way out of this, just as it was for polio and smallpox.

People who refuse to read really should think about cutting down on the amount the write about with so little knowledge.

Edit to correct US deaths per million

cheers

Last edited:

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
Canada did what it needed to do to protect the Canadian population and continues to do so. The border is gradually opening, and will be open to Americans who are full vaccinated, but closed to unvaccinated, once 75% of Canadians are full vaccinated.
It's sad that Mrs Brian who tried to do the "right thing" and get vaccinated but had a life threatening reaction to the 1st shot, and has met several others from just mentioning her problem when out in public will be denied travel and other services for the foreseeable future because her vax card only has one entry.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
What utter drivel!

You dispute the numbers? On what basis? Back it up with some actual facts please.

cheers

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
It's sad that Mrs Brian who tried to do the "right thing" and get vaccinated but had a life threatening reaction to the 1st shot, and has met several others from just mentioning her problem when out in public will be denied travel and other services for the foreseeable future because her vax card only has one entry.

Again, I sympathize with you and your wife's circumstance. All the more reason for needing to meet a vaccine threshold that will protect your wife from potential exposure. On the good news side, a single dose does provide her some protection. I also suspect once thresholds are met, individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated (due to reactions, immune compromise, etc) will not have restrictions.

cheers

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
I'm still waiting to hear our self righteous, progressive leaders call Canada a bunch of racists for enforcing its border.
Didn't call Canada racist, cause denial at the border is not based on race, but:

"I today am declaring that it’s time for the United States to take action even without the Canadians because they have delayed too long," said Schumer.

But I will with regard to how First Nations people have bee treated. Guess I'm not a self-righteous progressive leader though.

cheers

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
It doesn't matter.
I think it does. Here's why: Trump is deservedly villified for many of his actions, whether just plain stupid or sorta' crafty. However, the one extremely good thing his administration did was to promote and fund Operation Warp Speed, a government - that it generally known for bungling damn near everything - program that researched and brought an effective vaccine to market faster than just about anything the U.S. government has ever done. As much as I detest Trump for being a despicable human being, he does deserve credit for that.

longputt

Operation Warp Speed
I wish someone would make a documentary about this...but it needs to be someone who is generally considered neutral...Mike Rowe?

I always hear how we can't do things "like we used to" Operation Warp Speed is proof that if we have the right imperative and mission we can.

BTW for those who hate Trump I can assure you he did not "invent" Operation Warp Speed, I'm sure it was a plan sitting on a shelf. I think Trump's and Congress' biggest accomplishment was not mucking it up!

dustinchromers

What utter drivel. There is a reason the US has 104,287 cases per million and 104,287 deaths per million and Canada has 37,297 cases per million and 604 deaths per million, ie, about a third of the rates. Canada did what it needed to do to protect the Canadian population and continues to do so. The border is gradually opening, and will be open to Americans who are full vaccinated, but closed to unvaccinated, once 75% of Canadians are full vaccinated. This has already been posted above and links provided.

You should give a dammn. You clearly do not seem to understand the reason for vaccination programs. They are not just for you as an individual, they are for the protection of the society as a whole - you might do well to educate yourself on smallpox, polio, etc. Unvaccinated individuals are affecting your life, how schools can re-open, how businesses can conduct their business, elective and in some areas non-elective surgeries/hospirtalizations, etc. Furthermore, as has been described and referenced in other threads, the unvaccinated serve as a reservoir for the development of new variants, which so far, lucky for us, have not been completely resistant to the vaccine-induced immune response. Vaccination of the population is the way out of this, just as it was for polio and smallpox.

People who refuse to read really should think about cutting down on the amount the write about with so little knowledge.

cheers

I support any nation doing what it wants with its own border. I also support people having a choice with what goes in their body for better or worse. I'm not anti Vax in the slightest and fully understand vaccines extricated mankind out of third world plague type diseases. And as far as being read, I think I can hold my own. I mean I'm not half as smart and righteous as you but I breath through my nose.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
I support any nation doing what it wants with its own border. I also support people having a choice with what goes in their body for better or worse. I'm not anti Vax in the slightest and fully understand vaccines extricated mankind out of third world plague type diseases. And as far as being read, I think I can hold my own. I mean I'm not half as smart and righteous as you but I breath through my nose.
Once again, not addressing the issue, you said it was "grand standing" to close/keep closed the border without providing any support for such a statement. That's what was drivel. I also never suggested people should not have a choice in vaccinating nor claimed you were an anti vaxer (you like to put words in other's mouths), you stated you don't give a damn, I just explained why you should, and in so doing, why people should decide to be vaccinated. Not righteous, that's your domain (I've read your posts).

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts