BC / US Border - Opening Soon? An update…

Status
Not open for further replies.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
I think it does. Here's why: Trump is deservedly villified for many of his actions, whether just plain stupid or sorta' crafty. However, the one extremely good thing his administration did was to promote and fund Operation Warp Speed, a government - that it generally known for bungling damn near everything - program that researched and brought an effective vaccine to market faster than just about anything the U.S. government has ever done. As much as I detest Trump for being a despicable human being, he does deserve credit for that.
As I understand it, Pfizer did not get any gov't funds to develop the vaccine. But did get a promise by the US to purchase 100 million doses, payment upon delivery. Their partner did receive gov't money - from Germany. Those facts did not prevent the Trump administration from taking credit however, but then you can add that to the other pile of BS from the donald.

Sportsman

I think it does. Here's why: Trump is deservedly villified for many of his actions, whether just plain stupid or sorta' crafty. However, the one extremely good thing his administration did was to promote and fund Operation Warp Speed, a government - that it generally known for bungling damn near everything - program that researched and brought an effective vaccine to market faster than just about anything the U.S. government has ever done. As much as I detest Trump for being a despicable human being, he does deserve credit for that.
Half right. Pfizer funded their own research and development 100%. The 'research' that enabled Warp Speed to develop a vaccine so quickly was started 15 years ago.

dustinchromers

Once again, not addressing the issue, you said it was "grand standing" to close/keep closed the border without providing any support for such a statement. That's what was drivel. I also never suggested people should not have a choice in vaccinating nor claimed you were an anti vaxer (you like to put words in other's mouths), you stated you don't give a damn, I just explained why you should, and in so doing, why people should decide to be vaccinated. Not righteous, that's your domain (I've read your posts).

Cheers

I meet whatever decorum I'm presented with in kind. You're just better than me and are winning so cherish that. Look on the bright side. If all the Trumptards that are so hated are going to die off because they are unvaccinated what's the problem? This will in turn help with global warming and the population problem. The earth can then be run by those who know best to live out their totalitarian perfect society fantasy.

The biggest and saddest problem with the pandemic has been the politicising of it. It gives me little hope for the future of people.

dustinchromers

The best thing they did was promise to buy and stay out of the way.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
I meet whatever decorum I'm presented with in kind. You're just better than me and are winning so cherish that. Look on the bright side. If all the Trumptards that are so hated are going to die off because they are unvaccinated what's the problem? This will in turn help with global warming and the population problem. The earth can then be run by those who know best to live out their totalitarian perfect society fantasy.
Again, what utter drivel; I called you on your bullshit "grandstanding" comment and you can't take it, nor defend it, so so you continue to divert with a lot of other bullshit straw men (which you will deny) like the above.

I'm done (I'm sure folks will be happy).

cheers

Peyton00

You dispute the numbers? On what basis? Back it up with some actual facts please.

cheers

I quoted your numbers in my last post.

You say 104,287 deaths per million in the USA.

I call bullshit.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
I quoted your numbers in my last post.

You say 104,287 deaths per million in the USA.

I call bullshit.

You are absolutely correct, a serious copy/paste error on my part (I seem to have repasted the cases per million). For the US it is 1,870 deaths per million. Thank you for catching this, and my apologies.

cheers

dustinchromers

Again, what utter drivel; I called you on your bullshit "grandstanding" comment and you can't take it, nor defend it, so so you continue to divert with a lot of other bullshit straw men (which you will deny) like the above.

I'm done (I'm sure folks will be happy).

cheers

Christ you're dense aren't you. Drivel is that what you got. I stand by my statement. It's been politicised. Hence the grandstanding. But go ahead and take you ball and run back home. Had I known that's where you took issue with my statement originally we could have saved you a few foot stomping posts. Here I am trying to address what you disagree with through inference and you have a problem with something else. Maybe communicate that effectively and I'll do my best to respond.

Last edited:

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Christ you're dense aren't you. Drivel is that what you got. I stand by my statement. It's been politicised. Hence the grandstanding. But go ahead and take you ball and run back home. Had I known that's where you took issue with my statement originally we could have saved you a few foot stomping posts. Here I am trying to address what you disagree with through inference and you have a problem with something else. Maybe communicate that effectively and I'll do my best to respond.

Keep editing, I'm bored and you might finally finally get it right.

I only mentioned your "grandstanding" comment 3 times in 3 separate responses to you stating "I really don't care what they do to their border as it's none of my business. It's all grand standing anyway", so who is the dense one? I guess if it makes you feel better to call me names, something you have claimed you have no need to do, then that's fine with me, I'll be the dense one.

Again, there is a reason Canada has 1/3 the infection rate and 1/3 the death rate and boarder closure, not grandstanding, is a huge part of it.

Cheers

Roper

Idiot Savant
WFF Supporter
Keep editing, I'm bored and you might finally finally get it right.

I only mentioned your "grandstanding" comment 3 times in 3 separate responses to you stating "I really don't care what they do to their border as it's none of my business. It's all grand standing anyway", so who is the dense one? I guess if it makes you feel better to call me names, something you have claimed you have no need to do, then that's fine with me, I'll be the dense one.

Again, there is a reason Canada has 1/3 the infection rate and 1/3 the death rate and boarder closure, not grandstanding, is a huge part of it.

Cheers
I thought you were done…:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts