Trip Report A Day on the Lower D

The day started shitty as my fishing buddy was not at the usual meeting place, He called to let me know he was called in to work so a day on the river by my self what could go wrong?
The fish gods smiled on me with BWO's working in the am and then low slow and small worked along the bottom.
IMG_1714.JPG IMG_1710.JPG IMG_1709.JPG IMG_1707.JPG
Not a lot of fishing boats down there more rafters so finding fishing spots was easy and after the afternoon wind came up i had the river to myself
And now the cons; I forgot sunscreen and now look like a tomato lol, And When i got to the pull out my rig was not there!!!. A call to the shuttle company and was informed i did not leave a key i new i did so they went back to WS and called me from there telling me there was no key, It was then we realized it was not my rig they were looking at mine was gone!!!!,
They finally worked out another shuttle company had taken my rig and shuttled it to Maupin so a 2hr wait for them to brig it back to TC for me but in the meantime i met some nice folks who were camping at TC and my shuttle folks drove down to make sure i had food and water and waited with me. We had a fun time talking about all the old guides we new and i used to work with a lot of great memories and great stories was shared. A long day but all in all a great day on the river.

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
Those fish just look huge to me, and really pretty. Sounds like you did a good job of making the best of a situation you didn't care for. Well done all around.

Bruce Baker

Glad you were able to get the issue resolved. Do the shuttles just ask for model and color of vehicle? I have never used a shuttle service, but in reading about your adventure, I was thinking if they also ask for plate number, this probably would have not happened.

steelheadr99

Glad you were able to get the issue resolved. Do the shuttles just ask for model and color of vehicle? I have never used a shuttle service, but in reading about your adventure, I was thinking if they also ask for plate number, this probably would have not happened.
My shuttle company asks for a plate number, The other company just took the wrong rig, they also kept the money i left for the shuttle.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts