BC/US Border - a second effort at a (hopefully) BS-free update thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
To be fair there's really only two names on the ballot as concerned with presidential elections. Yes that's a hundred percent better than one but I'd like to see more. I feel it's imperative to to get candidates with an actual chance who are not tied to special interest and the big two parties. Choice is great but a choice between two is not allot of choice. It would be nice to have real tangible choices that aren't incestuously linked to one of the two power parties and compromised by special interest groups. Some true independents for the people. I don't see much changing without ranked choice voting and participation from more than two parties. A choice between two who parrot party dogma over country is merely the illusion of choice. Are the new radicals moderates? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't think choice is the problem. I think the real problem is that the American voting system doesn't incentivize politicians to appeal to the average American. In order to win an election in America, you need to get certain groups fired up enough that they will get off their ass and vote. In recent years, this has resulted in a lot of radicalization tactics that are detrimental to the country.

IMO, voting should be mandatory and voting day should be a public holiday. It would force politicians to actually appeal to the average American and it would fix a lot of problems that this country faces.

It will never happen though, because of freedumb. Worse yet, the GOP are doing everything in their power to make it harder to vote. Most of those changes are being sold to the public under the guise of election security, but anyone that is paying attention knows that is BS. The real motivation is to gain an electoral advantage.

Last edited:

surfnfish

To be fair there's really only two names on the ballot as concerned with presidential elections. Yes that's a hundred percent better than one but I'd like to see more. I feel it's imperative to to get candidates with an actual chance who are not tied to special interest and the big two parties. Choice is great but a choice between two is not allot of choice. It would be nice to have real tangible choices that aren't incestuously linked to one of the two power parties and compromised by special interest groups. Some true independents for the people. I don't see much changing without ranked choice voting and participation from more than two parties. A choice between two who parrot party dogma over country is merely the illusion of choice. Are the new radicals moderates? Inquiring minds want to know.
100% correct. We are in dire need of a third party in this country that represents the middle, not the extremists on the left or the right.
What started our slide over the cliff was when the Surpeme Court ruled corporations have the same rights as people to make political donations, and allowed the giving of 'dark money' contributions that did not require the who was giving it.
Ever since, the pigs at the trough have been lapping up donations that support the market driven agendas of the donors with little regard for what is best for the electorate...and so easy to do when the base is purposefully kept riled up over 'the other guys', not paying attention to the corruption in play, and that applies to both parties. It is absurd how little legislation has occured in this country during the last two decades, which is why our infrastructure is falling apart, Rx drugs remain absurdly high, and corporations continue to avoid paying their fair share of tax's.
A third party, mandated free and equal air time for national political candidates, and an end to corporate donations (nothing more than bribes and graft) and dark money.
And most importantly, a national voting law that ends these desperate, unpatriotic attempts to prevent everyone from having an equal right to vote, nothing more than the last grasp on power from what is now a rapidly shrinking electorate.

dustinchromers

I don't think choice is the problem. I think the real problem is that the American voting system doesn't incentivize politicians to appeal to the average American. In order to win an election in America, you need to get certain groups fired up enough that they will get off their ass and vote. In recent years, this has resulted in a lot of radicalization tactics that are detrimental to the country.

IMO, voting should be mandatory and voting day should be a public holiday. It would force politicians to actually appeal to the average American and it would fix a lot of problems that this country faces.

It will never happen though, because of freedumb. Worse yet, the GOP are doing everything in their power to make it harder to vote. Most of those changes are being sold to the public under the guise of election security, but anyone that is paying attention knows that is BS. The real motivation is to gain an electoral advantage.

I've always supported a national holiday or days for voting. I also support having identification to vote as well. As far as mandatory, I can't get there but I like the idea of greater participation. I firmly feel voter non participation and apathy have more to do with non inspiring two choices and election architecture than people not able to produce identification or get to the polls. If people are stoked to vote for a candidate they will turn out despite not having a copy machine or other obstacles. People are less inclined to overcome much if it's a vote for the lesser of two evils.

surfnfish

Anyone in the US military...17 mandated vaccinations at a minimum...more depending on your individual posting or deployment location.

:D
the air injected vaccine gauntlet at the end of boot camp...big lawn on the exit for those having heavy reactions to collapse on...everyones arms so sore the next day impossible to lift without a grimace..small pox, diptheria, cholera etc etc...mandated vaccinations for those of us willing to defend freedom, not just talk about...

Rob Allen

Showing proof of identity and home location in order to vote is not a hardship for a single person in America..
Maricopa County Arizona recieved 75000 more mail in ballots than election officials sent to voters.. we need election security and election officials are not providing it.. our elections are completely unreliable.

I completely agree with giving every opportunity for every eligible voter the opportunity to vote.
No state ID or birth certificate = no vote and that's not a bad thing.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Maricopa County Arizona recieved 75000 more mail in ballots than election officials sent to voters.. .
This is a bald faced lie...flat out fucking bullshit.
You're actively spreading demonstrably false information in order to undermine confidence in the American electoral process, and by extension American democracy itself.
You're a liar and a useful idiot for those who would look to damage America as a country.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
#gfy

Rob Allen

Rob you need to check your sources before you state something as fact. Your assertion has been completely refuted by republican Arizona election officials. Also get a computer with spellcheck. It would enhance your image.

Refuted by election who refused major portions of the senate subpoena. Vs the people conducting an independent audit..

We'll accept the audit as more reliable for the moment thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts