BC/US Border - a second effort at a (hopefully) BS-free update thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDD

Mid-August, eh? (Hee, hee, see how I slipped my fake Canadian accent in there?) But will I know for sure with enough lead time to get my Dean permit delivered via snail mail (the only way BCFWP does it) before my departure date Aug. 18?
It sounds like it will be pushing awfully close to make this work for you...I hope it does work in your favor. With reduced commercial fishing in BC due to predicted lower returns, maybe there will be more fish sharing your forum name (old name anyway) that find freshwater this year.

adamcu280

I am. .. not going to get into that here though..
So you're saying that there are times when you think you have a say on other people's health decisions. Got it.

At this point I'm not really talking to you anymore. I'm just pointing out that in a functioning society, there is a relationship between "personal rights and freedoms" and public health, with limits on the former if it infringes on the latter. Faux Libertarianism might work if you are the only person on the planet but since you're not - it doesn't.

An example from South Florida:

In Palm Beach County, Judge Kastrenakes wrote that constitutional rights and the ideals of limited government “do not absolve a citizen from the real-world consequences of their individual choices, or otherwise allow them to wholly skirt their social obligation to their fellow Americans or to society as a whole."
“This is particularly true,” he said, “when one’s individual choices can result in drastic, costly, and sometimes deadly, consequences to others.”

We get to watch this unfold on a much larger scale as the rest of the world deals with the consequences of the UK's imminent lifting of all Covid-19 mitigation policies. Scientists seem to think this is a bad idea.

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
Mid-August, eh? (Hee, hee, see how I slipped my fake Canadian accent in there?) But will I know for sure with enough lead time to get my Dean permit delivered via snail mail (the only way BCFWP does it) before my departure date Aug. 18?
Can you have them mail it to where you're staying in BC? Or does it have to go to your US address?

Albula

swollen member
Sounds like a high class problem. The worst that could happen is you are out the cost of the permit. That is a small price to pay and not a huge part of the cost of a week on The Dean, eh?

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Sounds like a high class problem. The worst that could happen is you are out the cost of the permit. That is a small price to pay and not a huge part of the cost of a week on The Dean, eh?
Yeah, it's kind of a first world problem, but the combined cost of NR fishing license, steelhead permit, and Dean permit is second only to the helicopter cost, eh?

cdnred

Yeah, it's kind of a first world problem, but the combined cost of NR fishing license, steelhead permit, and Dean permit is second only to the helicopter cost, eh?
Should you make it out to the Dean be sure to post a trip report once you get back. That trip is on my bucket list and I'm dying to get out there to experience some great fishing while fishing is still prime..

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Should you make it out to the Dean be sure to post a trip report once you get back. That trip is on my bucket list and I'm dying to get out there to experience some great fishing while fishing is still prime..
I'll try to remember to take a couple pictures.

Although the river remains near wilderness, its salmon and steelhead migrate and forage in the same compromised Pacific Ocean that other populations do. It's a lot more likely these days to hit it during an off week. Last trip I landed one steelhead for 8 days fishing.

cdnred

I'll try to remember to take a couple pictures.

Although the river remains near wilderness, its salmon and steelhead migrate and forage in the same compromised Pacific Ocean that other populations do. It's a lot more likely these days to hit it during an off week. Last trip I landed one steelhead for 8 days fishing.
I got the name of a guide that does that river so when I'm ready, I'll hook up with him for a day to get a lay of the river. He told me that he's always had good success there but that was a couple years back. He runs his guiding service as a husband-and-wife team, Jake and Brenda Markham..

1626523001870.png

1626523147324.png

cdnred

U.S. citizens and residents who’ve had a full course of Covid-19 vaccines could be allowed in for non-essential travel as early as mid-August. The government is expected to share more details on these plans early next week..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts