BC/US Border - a second effort at a (hopefully) BS-free update thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern

It's all good.
WFF Supporter
Has anyone seen any word on what might be accepted at the CA border as proof of vaccination?
It seems beyond assinine to keep borders closed for over a year for health reasons, but then accept what amounts to a handwritten note as proof that someone is safe to allow in.

My twice delayed sibling fly-in fishing trip to ON is was supposed to be first week of August :(

BDD

Has anyone seen any word on what might be accepted at the CA border as proof of vaccination?
It seems beyond assinine to keep borders closed for over a year for health reasons, but then accept what amounts to a handwritten note as proof that someone is safe to allow in.

My twice delayed sibling fly-in fishing trip to ON is was supposed to be first week of August :(
There may be some useful information found in this link.

surfnfish

with the accelerating rise in US Covid cases due to a combo of Delta and the unvaccinated, whatever border restrictions/openings that are in place now will most likely change as the case load increases.
There is increasing evidence that the Delta variant is contaging those who have had their full vaccinations, and providing to be highly contagious for those who haven't.
As Rich Eisen, who got tagged with the Delta variant this week, posted yesterday:

"Every health care professional I’ve come across in the last few days tell me the two shots of Pfizer I got in February are what’s keeping a 52-year-old like me from a far worse experience than the awful one I’m having."

Rob Allen

Yeah, I think so. Some posters present their opinion unaccompanied by any supporting evidence or analysis, as in, "Here's what I think because it's what I choose to think." Then there are opinions presented that appear to be informed because they include reasoning and or analysis or cites sources of supporting information. That is a night and day difference in the value of opinions to me.

There is a reason why some "opinion" writers on the editorial pages of newspapers make a good living over long periods of time by presenting well informed and supported opinions, and the rest of us have, well, we have an opinion, kinda' like Rob.

I think well informed is becoming difficult to near impossible. We have experts that are equally qualified providing opposing views on just about every issue.. I think all anyone is doing anymore is picking the experts that fit their already established positions..

We are now in the post information age.. information is meaningless because we cannot determine what information is true and what is false.. we had all better learn to trust our gut instincts.

Last edited:

BDD

Yeah, I think so. Some posters present their opinion unaccompanied by any supporting evidence or analysis, as in, "Here's what I think because it's what I choose to think." Then there are opinions presented that appear to be informed because they include reasoning and or analysis or cites sources of supporting information. That is a night and day difference in the value of opinions to me.

There is a reason why some "opinion" writers on the editorial pages of newspapers make a good living over long periods of time by presenting well informed and supported opinions, and the rest of us have, well, we have an opinion, kinda' like Rob.
Yeah, I think we are talking about two different things. There are form members that I place a higher value on their opinions because they use reasoning, analysis, or cite references in support of their position. In this regard I agree with you. Conversely, if someone posts an opinion that cannot be proven as fact then it doesn't really matter because we all know the old saying about opinions...everybody has one. In this case, the Dude was right (in my opinion).

cdnred

In Canada, we were emailed proofs of our vaccinations showing time, date, type of vaccination given that we could print out to use for whatever. Take your printout to show customs at the border as proof. Not sure but I think it might also be logged into a database and recorded with your ID as well. Customs could just punch in your passport number and it would appear or I could be wrong about the passport..? I was assuming that in the US they did the same thing..?

dustinchromers

I think we'll informed is becoming difficult to near impossible. We have experts that are equally qualified providing opposing views on just about every issue.. I think all anyone is doing anymore is picking the experts that fit their already established positions..

We are now in the post information age.. information is meaningless because we cannot determine what information is true and what is false.. we had all better learn to trust our gut instincts.

This is the misinformation age. As far as conspiracies go I think the most prevalent are the following.

1. The government cares about you.

2. The media never lies or exaggerates for effect, money, and ratings.

3. Pharmaceutical companies who make billions off sickness want to cure you rather than treat you

4. Science is infallible and never changes it's position based on new data.

5. Other people are responsible for your health and well being

These are my top five conspiracy theories that have gained traction with the American public. Scary stuff to be sure.

Northern

It's all good.
WFF Supporter
In Canada, we were emailed proofs of our vaccinations showing time, date, type of vaccination given that we could print out to use for whatever. Take your printout to show customs at the border as proof. Not sure but I think it might also be logged into a database and recorded with your ID as well. Customs could just punch in your passport number and it would appear or I could be wrong about the passport..? I was assuming that in the US they did the same thing..?
Yes and no. It's up to individual states as to how they handle that info, so there are probably 50 different versions of this.
I have this small piece of paper, with my name & DOB handwritten in - by me. It doesn't even say which state. Obviously, any idiot with a printer could make one of these.
Screenshot_20210717-124108_Gallery.jpg

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
Yes and no. It's up to individual states as to how they handle that info, so there are probably 50 different versions of this.
I have this small piece of paper, with my name & DOB handwritten in - by me. It doesn't even say which state. Obviously, any idiot with a printer could make one of these.
View attachment 288938
That's because the chip tells em all they need to know...:D

cdnred

View attachment 288938
You might consider calling customs at one of the border crossing and ask them what they'd consider for proof of vaccinations. If for example you were crossing from International Falls, MN over to Fort Frances, ON you could call US Customs at (218) 283-2541 to enquire or visit their website (below) not sure if it's posted there. If you wanted to call Canada Customs at the same crossing, their number is 1-506-636-5064. They're both open 24 hours. I'm assuming that entry requirements across the US/Canada border would all be the same..

https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/international-falls

cdnred

That's because the chip tells em all they need to know...:D
Ahhh the reason behind the COVID vaccine, it was all just ploy to deceive us into getting planted with tracking devices. This must've been a global conspiracy, the eye in the sky is watching our every move so we must all be careful now of what we do..?

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
:rolleyes::oops:

A paen to ignorance right here...

'Alternative facts' comes to mind...

It's the pathway of the intellectually lazy you're walking here Rob, as discerning truth from fiction has always posed a challenge for the human race. Somehow as a collective we've managed take on the challenge for quite some time, with quite a bit of effort at times...it's not a task for the lazy.

I'll grant you the fact that some individuals within the collective population lack either the requisite mental furniture, the higher reasoning powers or are just plain to damn lazy to do so.

I guess that's the path you are choosing, judging by your statement.

# sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts