Trip Report Cedar...?

The Cedar is a SOB for me. Tough fishin', slick rocks. Usually brave the Landsburg parking lot- no one wants anything in my POS car... and walk until I find decent access. Is it just me or is it a really tough nut of a river to crack?

Stew McLeod

aka BigMac
My memory must be failing me.

What about temperature though?
Good point, looking back a few years the temps I recorded are typically 18C or below, even in August.

There are some exceptions from late July/early August 2009 where it hit ~21C. I wasn't very good at capturing temps every time out.

Looks like right now it is routinely hitting ~20C.

Stew

Elliott5400

Found the best seat on the river! This place really has a special feel to it

Attachments

• 20210804_181516.jpg
    20210804_181516.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
  • 20210804_181525.jpg
    20210804_181525.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 90

Creatch'r

Hesitant Member
Found the best seat on the river! This place really has a special feel to it
Such a shame. I’ve fished it a few times and there is really nothing that would bring me back. Trashed, heavily poached, vandals, overzealous land owners, and euro bros dripping out of the bushes. It’s unfortunate because it really is a neat river, has some nice fish and obviously local for many. Which is likely the #1 issue. Thankfully there is plenty of water to explore where you can eliminate some or all of those drawbacks. Tip of the cap to those who do their best to hold the line tho!

Elliott5400

Such a shame. I’ve fished it a few times and there is really nothing that would bring me back. Trashed, heavily poached, vandals, overzealous land owners, and euro bros dripping out of the bushes. It’s unfortunate because it really is a neat river, has some nice fish and obviously local for many. Which is likely the #1 issue. Thankfully there is plenty of water to explore where you can eliminate some or all of those drawbacks. Tip of the cap to those who do their best to hold the line tho!

Be careful now. Some members here hold this special place close to their hearts, and will tell you this is the best fishing blue line around the town!

I left this river in good hands to the Cedar expert and his private land owner friends.

Creatch'r

Hesitant Member
Be careful now. Some members here hold this special place close to their hearts, and will tell you this is the best fishing blue line around the town!

I left this river in good hands to the Cedar expert and his private land owner friends.
Just being honest. If it were my local I would hold it dear also and it would make me furious watching it continually be used as a city dump where broken glass and needles outpace the stonefly shucks on the rocks. Like I said, hats off to those trying to make a difference on their local. I’d like to think I’d do the same in their shoes, but it would be tough not to be jaded, that’s for sure.

Elliott5400

Just being honest. If it were my local I would hold it dear also and it would make me furious watching it continually be used as a city dump where broken glass and needles outpace the stonefly shucks on the rocks. Like I said, hats off to those trying to make a difference on their local. I’d like to think I’d do the same in their shoes, but it would be tough not to be jaded, that’s for sure.
I did my part for many years. I used to feel the same. Now I just don't have it in me anymore to continue for that system. I do know there are good folks looking after it, and I applaud them.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts