Areas 9 and 10 open tomorrow

dp

~El Pescador
I'll be in area 10 Friday and Sunday. Maybe Saturday if fish are around. but fishing 3 consecutive days is brutal. I'll have my cut plug on one rod, hoochie/flasher on the other one.

good luck

dp

~El Pescador
BIG tides this weekend. negative -3.3 tomorrow morning just before 11:00. Anything more than -2.0 at Don Arimi launch and I can't get my boat on the trailer. and my boat is only 19 feet.
Gonna rethink it for the weekend.

Dizane

Coast to Coast
I hope to be out this weekend. Looking at evenings as I've never done well for chinook in the mornings around a full moon. Anyone have similar or contrary experience?

dp

~El Pescador
I may fish tomorrow early evening too after the big low starts coming up.
I've had some fun chinook evenings drinking beer and catching some nice fish.
Still feels a little early though - and the local creel checks confirm this.
But, they need to come into the sound soon.
good luck if you go and I'll post a report if I go out

speedbird49

I hope this thread is an okay place to ask this but does anyone here fish jigs on the beach? I am thinking of treating myself to a 10-20lb baitcaster for Chum and Chinook float fishing but I am curious about how heavy a jig I could safely cast with it. The Lamiglass Redline I am looking at is rated up to 3/4oz but I know from experience that within reason you can cast lures heavier than rating. My 6-12 SST casts 1oz lures like they are nothing

NRC

WFF Supporter
I hope this thread is an okay place to ask this but does anyone here fish jigs on the beach? I am thinking of treating myself to a 10-20lb baitcaster for Chum and Chinook float fishing but I am curious about how heavy a jig I could safely cast with it. The Lamiglass Redline I am looking at is rated up to 3/4oz but I know from experience that within reason you can cast lures heavier than rating. My 6-12 SST casts 1oz lures like they are nothing
Seems like your typical beach gradient would make jigging hard from on foot. If you’re gonna go gear, I’d brine up some herring. Buy some of those cute little hats to give it that perfect spin. The takes are vicious.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler

Are you talking stuff like stingsildas, Pt Wilson darts? If so, I’m sure folks do it but I don’t personally see them doing so.
Buzz Bombs, rotators and cut plug herring or herring under a float seem to be the most common gear I see under.
Have also seen fish caught on steelhead jigs, brads super cut baits, spoons and big spinners with hootchies.
SF

speedbird49

Are you talking stuff like stingsildas, Pt Wilson darts? If so, I’m sure folks do it but I don’t personally see them doing so.
Buzz Bombs, rotators and cut plug herring or herring under a float seem to be the most common gear I see under.
Have also seen fish caught on steelhead jigs, brads super cut baits, spoons and big spinners with hootchies.
SF
I was putting Buzz Bombs under the category of jigs. Really interesting to see Steelhead jigs working in the Sound

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts