Maps (best for finding streams/lakes in SW Washington?

troutangler

I am having trouble finding lakes and streams in South West Washington. I have tried to utilize the US forest service maps i.e. one is from Gifford Pinchot national forest but it was printed 22 years ago and I can't believe that it's as accurate as it needs to be in order to be relied upon ie (road/trail,closures, bridges out, campground closures etc.)

All recommendations appreciated.

Troutangler

Zak

WFF Premium
Download Google Earth. Overlays for GE are called .kml or .kmz files. There's tons of them available for free. Start with the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) from the feds.

John Wheeler

I am having trouble finding lakes and streams in South West Washington. I have tried to utilize the US forest service maps i.e. one is from Gifford Pinchot national forest but it was printed 22 years ago and I can't believe that it's as accurate as it needs to be in order to be relied upon ie (road/trail,closures, bridges out, campground closures etc.)

All recommendations appreciated.

Troutangler
Try www.gaiagps.com. It's free, at least most of the useful stuff is, and you can print your own maps from it.

Sagebrush

A 2nd on Gaia GPS. I have the premium version which has hundreds of maps, and you can import Google earth into it. However you can get most of what you need with the free version, the Gaia topo map being super useful

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts