Non-sensical WDFW regulations / closures?

wanderingrichard

One reg, with fee, I'd love to see changed; two pole "endorsement".

Give us back our two rod enablement as part of our licensing fee.

How many people who are actively fishing in a non boat, non bank capacity even carry two rods with them? That's a hassle many don't want to deal with.

Too, this damn "reg" is a negative impact to those who are economically challenged or are simply wanting to take the family out for a day of fishing

The majority of the rest of our united states limit you to two rods at a time anyway. Charge an increasing, sliding fee for anyone wanting to use more than two at any one time.

And yeah, I understand it opens up the argument against some of the other ridiculous regs on gear such as not being allowed to have halibut gear within access while fishing for salmon etc.

We as a group, need to start pushing back hard actively and politically against the "rule makers" who shove the dumbest restrictions down our throats. From what Ive learned living here these past 20 years, only a few people have been responsible for some of the most severe and silliest restrictions.

Bottom line, we need an overhaul. 200 pages of regs is plainly idiotic.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Premium
One reg, with fee, I'd love to see changed; two pole "endorsement".

Give us back our two rod enablement as part of our licensing fee.

How many people who are actively fishing in a non boat, non bank capacity even carry two rods with them? That's a hassle many don't want to deal with.

Too, this damn "reg" is a negative impact to those who are economically challenged or are simply wanting to take the family out for a day of fishing

The majority of the rest of our united states limit you to two rods at a time anyway. Charge an increasing, sliding fee for anyone wanting to use more than two at any one time.

And yeah, I understand it opens up the argument against some of the other ridiculous regs on gear such as not being allowed to have halibut gear within access while fishing for salmon etc.

We as a group, need to start pushing back hard actively and politically against the "rule makers" who shove the dumbest restrictions down our throats. From what Ive learned living here these past 20 years, only a few people have been responsible for some of the most severe and silliest restrictions.

Bottom line, we need an overhaul. 200 pages of regs is plainly idiotic.
Not really. You don't have to read all two hundred pages to go fishing. Just look up where you are gonna go read the couple paragraphs, and follow the rules. How many places can you fish at one time?

Snopro

Just look up where you are gonna go read the couple paragraphs, and follow the rules.
Yep, and oversimplifying the regs reduces fishing opportunity. Glancing at the emergency reg change page online is a good idea also.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts