Here we go again, DNR closes land use

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Before I left Washington for greener pastures, I was fishing the N/F Skykomish up above the closed area. I walked down to the river and found a old stump burning. There was nobody else around. So I soaked that stump with water. Why do people go out in the woods and camp but don't seem to care about where they camp. They scatter garbage all over the woods. If you can pack it in, you can sure as hell pack out your garbage.

girlfisher

I can't think of a single day for the past three months that TV or Radios news stations have not been warning about the excessive heat, lack of humidity, and extreme fire danger. That, plus weather channels, for longer than the last three months, have been forecasting upcoming drought and accompanying wild fire predictions. Add, this very forum and others filled with the same dire warnings and predictions.

So these closures still come as some what of a surprise?

Buzzy

I can't think of a single day for the past three months that TV or Radios news stations have not been warning about the excessive heat, lack of humidity, and extreme fire danger. That, plus weather channels, for longer than the last three months, have been forecasting upcoming drought and accompanying wild fire predictions. Add, this very forum and others filled with the same dire warnings and predictions.

So these closures still come as some what of a surprise?
No surprise to me - not at all. Today I drove up to the big lake north of me to fish, as I drove by Lake Lenore I saw an SUV pulled off the road and parked in the cheat grass. I wondered what the hell would possess someone to do such a thing. I asked myself how someone could be this ignorant of the danger. (For what its worth: I parked half on pavement and half on gravel with no vegetation growing - maybe that makes me part of the problem too.)

I talked to a friend of mine today who has a cabin north of Winthrop on the Chewuck drainage. The Cub Creek fire has so far spared his property but the fire - now at 43,000 acres and moving 1/4 mile per hour - is completely out of control with two points moving north.

Jack MeHoff

No surprise to me - not at all. Today I drove up to the big lake north of me to fish, as I drove by Lake Lenore I saw an SUV pulled off the road and parked in the cheat grass. I wondered what the hell would possess someone to do such a thing. I asked myself how someone could be this ignorant of the danger. (For what its worth: I parked half on pavement and half on gravel with no vegetation growing - maybe that makes me part of the problem too.)

I talked to a friend of mine today who has a cabin north of Winthrop on the Chewuck drainage. The Cub Creek fire has so far spared his property but the fire - now at 43,000 acres and moving 1/4 mile per hour - is completely out of control with two points moving no
i just bought some True Temper ( 29426000 ) grass whips ,one for each rig to knock down the grass before I park over it. they are fairly cheap & could save your truck & thousands of acres of land from devastation

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
Does anybody have a link to what exactly is closed?
I think this may be the "parent" page to the one given that shows Area Closures and Areas Open

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
i just bought some True Temper ( 29426000 ) grass whips ,one for each rig to knock down the grass before I park over it. they are fairly cheap & could save your truck & thousands of acres of land from devastation
A lawn rake might be a good idea to get the clippings well away from your vehicle but I think I like @Buzzy 's idea better...
(For what its worth: I parked half on pavement and half on gravel with no vegetation growing - maybe that makes me part of the problem too.)

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts