Tires slashed on the Madison

cdnred

I wonder if that guy who slashed those tires on the Madison is also concerned about all the people who are going fishing in the Park?
1627500563481.png
1627500632553.png

If you's 'Marricans keep messing things up like this with the overcrowding and environmental issues, we Canadians are just goin' to have to stay home to fish our uncongested, pristine rivers and enjoy fly fishing as it was meant to be in peace, quiet and solitude by ourselves.. :p

Last edited:

Buzzy

View attachment 290168
View attachment 290169

If you's 'Marricans keep messing things up like this with the overcrowding and environmental issues, we Canadians are just goin' to have to stay home to fish our uncongested, pristine rivers and enjoy fly fishing as it was meant to be in peace, quiet and solitude by ourselves.. :p
Airbnb booked, looking forward to crowding you on one of your rivers :cool: - I hope the border is still open in October.

cdnred

Airbnb booked, looking forward to crowding you on one of your rivers :cool: - I hope the border is still open in October.
I heard that Canada was planning to open the border on Aug 7th for Americans to travel but I've heard recently now of an increase in COVID cases due to the Delta variant amongst the non-vaccinated. Hopefully Canada won't reconsider changing and putting off re-opening the border because of this outbreak. Should you go, don't catch all the fish leave some behind for us Canadians to catch.. ;)

tyghguy

Maybe a giant brown trout pissed off by all the thrashing from the earthlings mutated grew little legs and crawled up the bank and ripped the tires in a last ditch effort to save the species.

longputt

last ditch effort to save the species
I've said many times fish better hurry in their evolution or they're doomed!

We use space aged materials (carbon fiber and polymers), trillions of dollars of military space technology (satellites) and super computers (weather)! All that poor brown trout has is a survival instinct that betrays it into letting it eat fake food (flies)!

wanderingrichard

I couldn't read it. I think it's French or something. I only know how to murder the Kings English.:eek::eek::eek:
If someone hasn't beaten me to it; up at the top, you can switch to English from the bastardized french.
Trust me, its easier to read than Creole Haitiene' or CoonAss.

wanderingrichard

On another note, we need to keep Americans out of our country until they can return the favor of allowing us Canadians in..!! Americans are allowed to enter Canada on Aug 9th and what happens to us Canadians, we're still left on hold. Fair is fair, this is unjust..!! It's not a one way street it work both ways..
Funny, I remember being drunk in Amsterdam in the 80's and hearing a street walker tell the cops the same thing...m

wanderingrichard

There is a major rental car shortage and companies are charging $500 day min.

Some folks have figured out renting a uhaul is way cheaper. You see these things running around everywhere now.
Looking outside, two UHauls across the street.

Just back from 2 weeks vacation. Picked up the rental Buick with FL plates @Dulles. Drove thru VA, PA, OH, IN, IL, dropped off at O'Hare. Grand total of 1200.
Biggest charge was for dropping off at a different location, which came out to $593.67. How Thrifty came up with that number will remain a mystery.
So, after crunching numbers, that $500 bs seems to only apply to places like Atlanta, NYC, other large daily turn over airports.

Swimmy

Let's GO Brandon!

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Premium
If the court has ruled twice that the road is open to the public, Burrows should get up there with a crew and take it down.

Not sure what the problem is.
"Ravalli County Commissioner Jeff Burrows said the county is working to determine who owns the land where the new gate is located before taking further action.
Ravalli Commission delays Hughes Creek gate decision

“We want to make sure that we’re doing our due diligence,” Burrows said. “We want to both protect public health and safety and protect the landowner’s rights as well.”...
Burrows said the issue about the new gate has not come before the full commission yet.

“Before we have those discussions, we need to little more background,” he said. “If it’s on a new landowner’s property, it changes the dynamic of the discussion.”
If the sign is located on another person’s property, the county will need to provide notice to the landowner and go through a process to address the issue."

Burrows wasn’t surprised by the tone of the new sign.
“That’s basically been our concern the whole time,” he said. “That’s been the sentiment expressed by the landowners from the beginning … It’s always been about public safety. That sign reinforces that.

It sounds like the location of the gate was moved and could be on a different legal property. The most recent complaint included GPS coordinates so it sure seems like the responsible county officials could take a few minutes to check their ARC GIS system and move on it quickly. It's hard to tell from the text but the tone of the Ravalli County Commish's comments sounds like there is a reluctance to enforce the public's right of way that reminds me of local community council experiences I had with County Council members and County Planners whose relationships with developers seemed pretty cozy, and carried a lot of weight with decisions on some controversial project proposals.

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts