Trip Report Green sign love

With the forest closed it's nice to still have some land owners who allow people to come play.
20210721_092403.jpg
I got a CFO III from @Beartown Lodge the other day and after making it left hand wind, redoing the backing knot and front loop, I took it with the included 4wt line, newly dressed, and my 8.5' cortland brook rod. I like my old Crown II, and they both funtion basically the same, but the CFO has 10X better sound and feel. I'm just at that point. The sliding ring on the rod held it better too, never once loosened up.
20210721_095932.jpg
The sign gives access to some fun places.
20210721_100011.jpg
and nice fish. he was fine, he just went sideways when the net touched his belly. The water has cooled off.
20210721_101824 (2).jpg
I got a tube, I think the same spiecies as before. After gutting and bleading it with a pocket knife I packed it a half mile back down the highway.
20210721_104353.jpg
The state park is still open so I dumped a load and got another bag from the ranger.
20210721_105342.jpg
and while I was there I popped out back. A spin guy said don't bother, and I fished behind 2 other fly fishers.
20210721_113515.jpg
The best fish of the day came before they even got to the next spot.
20210721_112803 (2).jpg
Great morning, cooler and nice to be out. I bet the fire folks don't like the wind, prayers. Too bad there was a mess, but to keep the sign green I'll spend some time.

Zak

WFF Supporter
With the forest closed it's nice to still have some land owners who allow people to come play.
View attachment 289373
I got a CFO III from @Beartown Lodge the other day and after making it left hand wind, redoing the backing knot and front loop, I took it with the included 4wt line, newly dressed, and my 8.5' cortland brook rod. I like my old Crown II, and they both funtion basically the same, but the CFO has 10X better sound and feel. I'm just at that point. The sliding ring on the rod held it better too, never once loosened up.
View attachment 289374
The sign gives access to some fun places.
View attachment 289375
and nice fish. he was fine, he just went sideways when the net touched his belly. The water has cooled off.
View attachment 289376
I got a tube, I think the same spiecies as before. After gutting and bleading it with a pocket knife I packed it a half mile back down the highway.
View attachment 289377
The state park is still open so I dumped a load and got another bag from the ranger.
View attachment 289378
and while I was there I popped out back. A spin guy said don't bother, and I fished behind 2 other fly fishers.
View attachment 289379
The best fish of the day came before they even got to the next spot.
View attachment 289380
Great morning, cooler and nice to be out. I bet the fire folks don't like the wind, prayers. Too bad there was a mess, but to keep the sign green I'll spend some time.
You're a mensch, Tom!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts