NFR Jerry of the day…

Jonnytutu

That backflip into the chute is epic. Big big balls of steel. I broke 3 vertebrae in my neck doing a backflip in the backcountry...no more inverts for me.

Fin

landlocked

I thought that was at Snowbird on first glance, but it looks like Corbet's? After two shoulders, two knees, cortisone shots in the lower back and a hip, I gave up skiing.

bhudda

heffe'
That backflip into the chute is epic. Big big balls of steel. I broke 3 vertebrae in my neck doing a backflip in the backcountry...no more inverts for me.

Fin
That was the first female to land one and she was crowned the Queen of Corbett’s this year

Peyton00

I had a few years of making runs down sunny side at Crystal and getting a few cheers for doing crazy jumps right under the chair.
Like most people, i grew older and injuries dictate i stay grounded. Now i spend more time in the deep stuff outback......when i find the time to ride.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Premium
Did the lift have chairs ? :) lol
The first lift I used was just a steel cable that went around the drive wheel of a car up on blocks at the top of the hill. You picked up the cable that was going uphill and slowly tightened your hands on it until it was pulling you up. I was pretty young, before kindergarten, but I think this was Wolf Creek area in CO. We were there because my dad was thinking about investing. He didn't. Otherwise the cost of lift tickets would have never been a consideration for the rest of my life.

Next we had the "T" handle lifts. The catch-22 of this one and the cable one was that you had to kind of already know how to stay up on your skis to use them. You'd have to spend some time on the beginners grade walking up to go down to figure that part out.

By high school we had school trips to Winter Park and elsewhere which got us a good deal on lifts with actual chairs. It was after graduation that prices for everything started to soar beyond my ability to justify it.

Old Man

A very Old Man
I always wanted to try skiing in high school. But was to poor to get to go. So I just gave that up. It's pretty easy to give up on things when you were poor. But it made me a better person because of it. When I got older I just never paid it no mind. It just got in the way of fishing. Couldn't let that happen.

Peyton00

My uncle(80) on the left told me at the time of this picture he won't be skiing anymore. My dad(78) on the right says he is done too. They made it fun from the wake-up til we got home. We slept almost every ride home as kids. I am 51 and hope i am still able to ride at their age.
My dad was happy when we got older and did the driving so they could sleep on the drive home.

The best of times.

20210322_145755.jpg

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts