NFR 2021 Summer Olympics

Shad

Yes, NBC has had terrible ratings for the games. Peacock (Comcast's streaming service) is picking up the slack, and then some. In other words, the reason NBC's ratings are poor is that many viewers are taking advantage of the streaming option, to see what they want when they want. So, while Comcast subsidiary NBC is hurting, Comcast subsidiary Peacock is thriving. End result: Comcast (among my least favorite corporations) is doing just fine. Get ready for another century of media domination (and subsequent price increases) by Comcast.☹

Bruce Baker

I am looking forward to watching Seattle's Nevin Harrison in the Canoe 1 Person 200m Sprint semifinal, which I is at 5:51 PDT. In her first heat she set an Olympic Best time. Great story about how she got into this sport.

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
High pressure situation with a strong north wind this afternoon, but I still managed to take silver in the Westport boat docking event.

Proud of that one, but my true pride and joy was taking the gold in the coveted "Tangled in the downrigger cable coho netting" event a few days ago.

Tomorrow morning I'll be competing in the "Foggy bar crossing at high speed with no lights or radar event" The competition will be high no doubt, but Ill try my best to represent for Kitsap County.

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
High pressure situation with a strong north wind this afternoon, but I still managed to take silver in the Westport boat docking event.

Proud of that one, but my true pride and joy was taking the gold in the coveted "Tangled in the downrigger cable coho netting" event a few days ago.

Tomorrow morning I'll be competing in the "Foggy bar crossing at high speed with no lights or radar event" The competition will be high no doubt, but Ill try my best to represent for Kitsap County.

Fishing Kingstone we had lost a decent king that had snagged on something, the next pass we snaged a derelict crab pot. I had to hand line up the down rigger cable as it couldn't pull it up. I see a king circling it. I was able to net a 18lb king with our gear in its mouth, and a very expensive carb pot to use!
Gold medal action!

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Fishing Kingstone we had lost a decent king that had snagged on something, the next pass we snaged a derelict crab pot. I had to hand line up the down rigger cable as it couldn't pull it up. I see a king circling it. I was able to net a 18lb king with our gear in its mouth, and a very expensive carb pot to use!
Gold medal action!

Hopefully you had an America flag on board to drape over your shoulders after that performance! ;) Well done.

Speaking of the Olympics, Ryan Crouser is a stud. I bet he could have been a hell of a left tackle.
SF

Swimmy

I'm behind but Winchester with a tough win against the Russian. Awesome.

Dake, looked ok but gets the win.

Steveson is an absolute animal.

Last edited:

girlfisher

The state of Pennsylvania is shaking!!! And a basic Double leg TD with perfect execution does it. Hats off to Thomas Gilman who dominated all of his opponents after losing early on to the eventual Gold Medalist to win a Bronze medal! Helen Morulis has fought through some very difficult medical issues and came back to win a Bronze medal for her country. Gable Dan Steveson going for the Gold!

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
I enjoy Track and Field and water-related competitions alot. Wrestling - not so much.

Yesterday Quon Hongchan from China, who is only 14 years old and never seen in competition before, won Gold in 10m platform diving. Out of 5 dives, two were perfect (all 10's) and one was almost perfect (6 10's and 1 9.5). Set the Olympic record for highest total score in that event ever. All she wanted was to get some bonus money to help her mother with medical issues requiring 24 hour care. She succeeded with that I am sure...

MT_Flyfisher

The state of Pennsylvania is shaking!!! And a basic Double leg TD with perfect execution does it. Hats off to Thomas Gilman who dominated all of his opponents after losing early on to the eventual Gold Medalist to win a Bronze medal! Helen Morulis has fought through some very difficult medical issues and came back to win a Bronze medal for her country. Gable Dan Steveson going for the Gold!
I don’t know why wrestling is such a popular sport in Pennsylvania, but as you know, it is.

I believe that Cael Sanderson brought 16 wrestlers to the Olympics who have been training at the Penn State Wrestling Club in State College, including Taylor, Gilman, Morulis, and Kyle Snyder (who didn’t fare as well as expected at these Olympics).

As an aside, I’ve also trained in State College for many years. Not in their wrestling facilities, but at the Berkey Creamery, eating their world class ice cream.:)

011AE4DF-DD64-4B2B-AB20-AA2E413FCD43.jpeg

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts