NFR 2021 Summer Olympics

Swimmy

I'm not sure who this lady is with Jordan Burroughs but they have been great. I've really enjoyed them both.

And Jordan may be on the way out with his wrestling career but I see a future in broadcasting.

Salmo_g

WFF Premium
Watched beach volley ball the last two nights and then women's basketball last night. This got me to thinking. I heard on the radio that the reason the women's beach volley ball players wear bikinis is because the people in charge of the decision (men) feel that not so many people will watch women's beach volley ball if they wear uniforms that cover more of their bodies. In contrast, men's beach volley ball uniforms are baggy shorts, but because men's volley ball is so much better, skimpy uniforms aren't necessary to ensure viewership. So what it got me to thinking, is why don't the people in charge of uniform decisions (men) decide that players in all the women's sports wear bikinis? Surely that would maximize viewership, if that's what they're worried about. Why don't the women's basketball players wear bikinis too? And those women canoe and kayak racers; wearing bikinis would be so practical; they could take a dip in the pool after their races.

So this is what watching the Olympics got me to thinking about last night. And man, USA women's volley ball and basketball are really damn good!

CreekScrambler

Watched beach volley ball the last two nights and then women's basketball last night. This got me to thinking. I heard on the radio that the reason the women's beach volley ball players wear bikinis is because the people in charge of the decision (men) feel that not so many people will watch women's beach volley ball if they wear uniforms that cover more of their bodies. In contrast, men's beach volley ball uniforms are baggy shorts, but because men's volley ball is so much better, skimpy uniforms aren't necessary to ensure viewership. So what it got me to thinking, is why don't the people in charge of uniform decisions (men) decide that players in all the women's sports wear bikinis? Surely that would maximize viewership, if that's what they're worried about. Why don't the women's basketball players wear bikinis too? And those women canoe and kayak racers; wearing bikinis would be so practical; they could take a dip in the pool after their races.
Seriously. The Polish women’s beach volleyball team got penalized for out-of-regs uniforms (not showing enough skin). Turns out, the organizers are the ones showing their collective ass on that topic.

*edit to add: I was corrected farther down by @Rialto for having this pretty mixed up.

Last edited:

Rialto

Seriously. The Polish women’s beach volleyball team got penalized for out-of-regs uniforms (not showing enough skin). Turns out, the organizers are the ones showing their collective ass on that topic.
According to a USA Today article I believe the penalty was for the Norwegian beach handball team, which is not an Olympic sport. The USA beach volleyball "A-Team" thoughts on the matter:

Top U.S. duo April Ross and Alix Klineman said they prefer the smaller bikinis and could have worn shorts if they had chosen to.

“For me personally, I think everyone should be able to wear what they’re comfortable in,” Ross said. “I think for us, this is what feels the most comfortable. Sometimes wearing more clothing in really hot weather, getting sand stuck in places is not fun.”

CreekScrambler

According to a USA Today article I believe the penalty was for the Norwegian beach handball team, which is not an Olympic sport. The USA beach volleyball "A-Team" thoughts on the matter:

Top U.S. duo April Ross and Alix Klineman said they prefer the smaller bikinis and could have worn shorts if they had chosen to.

“For me personally, I think everyone should be able to wear what they’re comfortable in,” Ross said. “I think for us, this is what feels the most comfortable. Sometimes wearing more clothing in really hot weather, getting sand stuck in places is not fun.”
Thanks for the correction! Didn’t realize I’d mixed them up.

Peyton00

As long as men get to make the rules, women will be sexualized first, after that, they can showcase their talents.
Its the perverted controlling nature of men.

Hem

As long as men get to make the rules, women will be sexualized first, after that, they can showcase their talents.
One might surmise that wrestling is also the perverted controlling nature of men.
Shit, there i went and said it.

Salmo_g

WFF Premium
Perversion is subjective, so I don't know that it's perverted. However, sex first over other attributes of women is hard wired into the reptilian brain stem of men. So I suppose they can be forgiven if they don't have the other, larger, parts of the brain mass.

Salmo_g

WFF Premium
One might surmise that wrestling is also the perverted controlling nature of men.
Shit, there i went and said it.
I believe that wrestling was among the original Olympic events, so it has a long tradition going for it. Oh, and I think I read that the wrestlers originally fought naked. Obviously this was long before their was a uniform committee.

Hem

I believe that wrestling was among the original Olympic events, so it has a long tradition going for it. Oh, and I think I read that the wrestlers originally fought naked. Obviously this was long before their was a uniform committee.
Most certainly the above^
Grapplers are well, grapplers....pretty tough dudes.
But take me back to junior high. Smooshing some guy, or getting smooshed while some guy breathes hot air on your neck...in a skimpy outfit...well, kinda felt perverse to me.
Just sayin.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts