NFR 2021 Summer Olympics

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Major strategic error letting him get away like that. Looked like they were racing for bronze 'til McNulty cracked (great attack on his part).

cheers

Creatch'r

Hesitant Member
I’m really looking forward to watching skateboarding, There was a 15 plus year period of my life where skateboarding was it for me. From the moment I woke up until I went to bed there was a skateboard within reach. It was everything to me. It superseded fishing in most instances which is hard to fathom but true. I still keep a skateboard ready to go in the corner of the garage despite knowing my time has passed. I’m so thankful for those years and all it taught me about drive, determination, discipline and a million other valuable life lessons that I will carry with me as long as I live. Skateboarding is extremely difficult and to reach a high level requires some grit that few will ever know exists. I’m sure that’s completely true about many of the Olympic Events that people don’t really understand or vibe with, and for that I tip my cap at every athlete on the big stage regardless of their event. Skateboarding 110% belongs in the Olympics and I think it’s only fitting that Nyjah takes home the first Gold. The greatest contest skater the world has ever known… period, and arguably the best street skater to ever do it. Love him or hate him, he is the absolute real deal. His video parts are legendary, and stand alone like many of the legends of the past. If you are watching, also keep an eye on Aurelian Giraurd of France. The guy is an absolute monster but not nearly as polished. After he came to LA and casually tre flipped the iconic Wallenberg gap 3rd try and burned the clip on Instagram, it was hard not to love him for me. I’ve seen Wallenberg with my own eyes. That’s ridiculous. There is a lot of great talent, hard to say who steps up or who busts. Anyways, I could go on forever talking skateboarding. I’m proud to see how far the sport has come and I can’t wait to see who comes out on top.

NYT wrote a good article on Nyjah if you’re interested:

Swimmy

Never heard of that Nyjah guy until I saw a segment they did earlier on him. Sponsored at 11?

Can’t wait to see him.

Snopro

Watched a guy from Portugal make his run. Tons of flow and made it look easy.

Is there a stigma attached to helmets?

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Swimming events were incredible to watch, and the 400 m fs upset by Tunisian Ahmed Hafnaoui was really cool. OK, and now we have watched some Olympic skateboarding, but only a little. Just not into it. And these days I probably couldn't even stand on a skateboard without getting hurt.

Thomas Mitchell

corvus ossifragus
WFF Supporter
I'm really looking forward to wrestling. America is stacked in men's freestyle and have legit shot at bringing home gold in half of the weight classes. In women's wrestling we have a legit shot at two gold medals. Can't wait.
Same here. My daughter was a good wrestler and was a teammate of Helen Maroulis in college (very nice kid when I met her) as well as attending camps at the OTC, etc. Wrestling is such a tough sport. It wasn't sport available to us when I was growing up on Alabama but I grew to love it through her efforts and I still follow the NCAA's and big freestyle events.

Bruce Baker

Swimming events were incredible to watch, and the 400 m fs upset by Tunisian Ahmed Hafnaoui was really cool. OK, and now we have watched some Olympic skateboarding, but only a little. Just not into it. And these days I probably couldn't even stand on a skateboard without getting hurt.
The 400 m freestyle that was between Ledecky and the Titmus (aka "the terminator") certainly lived up to the hype. Ledecky swam a personal best in the loss and it was her first individual loss in an Olympics.

Shad

Women's street skating was awesome last night. Bunch of badasses. They take nasty falls on concrete and jump right back up, bleeding and smiling ear to ear. Then, they try the same, ridiculous trick AGAIN, and they often nail it. Talk about resilience. Was also really cool to see how much they all support each other. Cool community!

Imagine how good some of those gals will be in 8 or 12 years. Future is bright for skateboarding.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts