NFR 2021 Summer Olympics

Gyrfalcon21

Simone Biles scratched. Wow, the "new" epidemic of mental health dropouts in sports is the new thing.
Will be interesting how all of this is addressed going forward.

How about the extra pressure put on college kids who signed into big product deals?

Last edited:

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium
Simone Biles scratched. Wow, the "new" epidemic of mental health dropouts in sports is the new thing.
Will be interesting how all of this is addressed going forward.

How about the extra pressure put on college kids who signed into big product deals?
I'm, afraid she is going to get destroyed in portions of the press, there are those who already don't like her. I wish her well.

cheers

Gyrfalcon21

I'm, afraid she is going to get destroyed in portions of the press, there are those who already don't like her. I wish her well.

cheers
Yes, this is going to sadly be the biggest moment of the Olympics I am afraid.

Perhaps this playing out on the big stage is the awareness that needed to happen?

Albula

swollen member

cheers
If you need to vomit go over to Fox "news" and take a brief look at the comments posted after the article on her decision. There are some very bitter and twisted folks walking around this country.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium
Not directed at Simone, but is mental toughness still a thing? Or is that not PC Anymore?
I don't know, define mental toughness. There is absolutely no way she would be where she is, accomplished what she has accomplished if she were not mentally tough. You cannot rise to that level without mental toughness, pushing through the fear, the pain, the injuries etc, there is just no possible way.

Cheers

Gyrfalcon21

I can see a sport like gymnastics where you'd better be 100% focused and "locked in" if you are in the middle of a double triple back gainer/flippies. Any break in focus could be deadly, actually.

Sports is about 95% mental anyway in my experience and best guess?

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts