NFR It Takes a Village

gt

in reading the posts of late it has become clear, at least to me, that we have many elements of a 'village' presenting themselves. some examples:

- the bloviators. these folks know everything about everything and they will write paragraphs to demonstrate their incompetence.
- the challenger no matter the topic, you will find someone who will challenge what is posted, typically posting nonsense.
- the topic changer. this seems to have become more prevalent of late. don't follow the topic thread, post a bunch of crap and derail the topic.
- the science want a be's. post the Latin name for bugs you run across makes you look like you know something.
- the ichthyologist in training. what colors do trout see?? great question we can't answer on this forum. but i am sure one of the above has an answer. (and I'll bet you have no idea who and when a researcher figured out where our salmon go once they leave our waters)

and i could go on and on, perhaps you might like to add some categories to complete this picture of our village.

jwg

in reading the posts of late it has become clear, at least to me, that we have many elements of a 'village' presenting themselves. some examples:

- the bloviators. these folks know everything about everything and they will write paragraphs to demonstrate their incompetence.
- the challenger no matter the topic, you will find someone who will challenge what is posted, typically posting nonsense.
- the topic changer. this seems to have become more prevalent of late. don't follow the topic thread, post a bunch of crap and derail the topic.
- the science want a be's. post the Latin name for bugs you run across makes you look like you know something.
- the ichthyologist in training. what colors do trout see?? great question we can't answer on this forum. but i am sure one of the above has an answer. (and I'll bet you have no idea who and when a researcher figured out where our salmon go once they leave our waters)

and i could go on and on, perhaps you might like to add some categories to complete this picture of our village.
How about an equal post of types you describe in positive terms
J

SilverFly

I'm sure I've been all of those at least one or twice. I'll cop to the "science want to be". I actually did want to be a scientist at one time, and still a hard-core (if amateur) science junky. The great thing about WFF is I have made some actual scientist friends here - who nod politely when I start spewing half-baked theories.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts